Next Head Coach

Let’s keep this about baseball Funk.

2 Likes

You need a grinder…Someone that will put in the 80 hour weeks.
Someone who will attract top assistants.

And someone that has a good relationship with the Showcase and high school coaches( if those guys don’t like or trust you they will tell the parents to look elsewhere)

And a coach that relates to the players and gives every kid they recruited a chance to prove themselves.

3 Likes

If I’m the AD I’m going after Pat Hallmark with a big payday.

1 Like

I would not argue about that….but I don’t think he needs a huge payday to leave….they have zero facilities there.

3 Likes

Sounds like u need to put ur name in the hat lol

1 Like

I know we are joking here but I would love nothing more…I think I could turn the program around quickly.

The things I listed above I know I would do well, especially with the relationships with coaches….but I’m a nobody. I could have taken the college coaching track many years ago…could have started as a grad assistant when I finished playing.
But I started a family early so it changed my path…But I wouldn’t change a thing…got to spend enough time working with my son to allow him to be successful in a big way….

6 Likes

ut is on the verge of losing to KSU in their tourney. If they go 2 & out, David Pierce might be available. :rofl:

3 Likes

If I had one regret about my life it would be working in a field that took me away from my kids.

4 Likes

Maybe we should be thinking outside the box for the hire and look at a Coogfans expert. Throw your name in the hat.

Gentle reminder, there is no opening though. The season isnt over (yet) and I still think its good odds TW and crew are back for another 2-3 year Big 12 tryout.

I still think there’s a decent chance he’s back too.

Pretty sure I made myself clear that in no way was I being serious….but thanks for your sarcasm.

And as far as TW, we all know that he is still the coach….we have also all pretty much agreed that if they win this tournament and get the auto-bid he will be back even though he should not be IMO.
“Gentle reminder “ not needed by you or anyone else.

And I think your take that he’ll be back for another 2-3 years even if they don’t win the tournament are wrong.
If that were the case he would already have been extended….absolutely no reason to not have already done that.

We are usually aligned in our thinking, but lets see how it plays out.

Not sure why you felt the need to make the “Coogfan expert” comment then.

That wasn’t sarcasm my buddy. I think you are spot on 95% of the time.

Apologies then…

It still mystifies me that Noble was fired with 2 or 3 years left on his contract after an 85 RPI season, yet Whitting is still around when an RPI rank of 85 would be a good season for him.

1 Like

AD expectations….Captain Obvious I know, but I can’t think of any other reason that would warrant not making the change.

1 Like

Agreed. My son’s HS has better facilities.

1 Like

Not saying any of the aforementioned ideas aren’t great, but surprised no one has mentioned Russell Stockton as an option. His resume seems pretty good and he is UH alum. Not sure about now, but he used to be very well connected with local high schools.

1 Like

It should not be a requirement for any coaching position that it be filled by an alum. That said, it is almost always a plus, as they usually understand both what we are and what we can be.

1 Like