Next Head Coach

Dierker and Cedeno here

2 Likes

Luis Pujols :unamused:

No but in ‘62-63 I was in the Colt .45 Six-shooter club and in case my stalker on this board is watching I still have my cards lol

1 Like

I was in the Dome when he hit the train and kept us from clinching a WS berth in 2005.
Never heard a rowdy bunch go so silent so quickly.
Thankfully we won in St. Louis and went to the series!

1 Like

Pollard talking about his Astros buddy – Luis Pujols-- one time mainly backup catcher for the Stros. :smile::grinning:. I actually felt sorry for him for a second. How was he even on the list to choose from :thinking:. #Bad :grin:

2 Likes

I must have zipped right by the Luis part lol…

2 Likes

I damn near cried…those damn Buzz Stixs were so freaking loud…then…death silence. Is NASA still tracking that ball :grinning:

1 Like

If you were in the Dome, it was probably pretty quiet. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Lol good catch!

I caught earlier but didn’t have the nerve tell ya bc I already had told you abt Luis vs Albert Pujols.

I don’t know…maybe Wilt The Stilt will leave Kansas and come to UH next year.

You bad today. :grin::joy:

We have to keep the new head coach thread going as long as they keep winning. :laughing:

1 Like

I recall many similar threads after the Tech football game.

1 Like

Except for the fact that this one and others like it have been ongoing since before the Tech game.

1 Like

Completely different situations……the people that are regulars on the baseball board are not just fans.
Most people on this board know baseball and specifically college baseball.
Also, most on this board have either played college ball or have kids that played college ball or both.

Baseball is an entirely different animal.

This board is not a bunch of drunk fans after one game.

If you want to go back and read some of the takes and information in the “schedule “ thread you might see this is much more than the football board after a game.

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to imply an equivalency. I agree that the situations are very different. Just making an observation, and I would be tickled pink if the baseball team has a comparable season. However, I do not expect anything like that.

1 Like

That’s cool……I didn’t know if you knew how different the situations were.

Speak for yourself. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:laughing:

2 Likes

The bad thing is that it appears a very stout majority of posters know the writing is on the wall for Whiting and very few relish the idea. Even when we win there’s a vibe that we’re sliding. Kind of gloomy but not the fans’ fault. The HC built this.

I would love to see a run and a surprise run for the conference but I fear we don’t have the pitching and half the time I’m convinced that we have no hitting. We just don’t have a strength to build on.

2 Likes