Nichelle Nichols and Bill Russel

What are you mumbling about now?

*Nichelle Nichols

1 Like

Karen says what? LOL

Ah the I/he cant be a racist because I/he once sat next to a (target of racism) person at work defense.

Just in case anyone thinks that I am making up the story about personally knowing someone that spews the term “cultural Marxism” freely, let me introduce you to this guy, who I first met when he was still serving as a Captain in the Army just over 20 years ago. He and I were in the Officer’s Advanced Course at the time. He left the Army shortly thereafter, though he continued to work as a FBI employee, a CIA contractor, and later a federal civil servant for a good while.

Not sure what he’s up to now, but you can listen to his youtube channel if you want to hear some REALLY off the wall stuff.

This article is available in both Spanish and English (he’s from Puerto Rico originally, but has a Master’s from the University of Oklahoma and speaks/writes in both Spanish and English). When you go to the website, a dialog box should pop up allowing you to read the English version.

In this article, he uses a lot of the typical far-right Pro-Trump tropes.

Here are some excerpts from the English version.

Quote: I say it and I repeat it, the whole economic issue -including the bad free trade agreements- I only influenced 20 to 30% of Trump’s victory. The rest of the variable was not at all economic but cultural and social. The rest of the explanation is given, as Dr. Cernea says, by the dictatorship of cultural Marxism, the creation of the Frankfurt School.

Quote: The elites of the cities are completely under the influence and constant indoctrination of the media, the press, television, cinema, education, with which Cultural Marxism is a direct product of the Frankfurt School (Lukacs, Benjamin, Adorno, Marcuse, Fromm, etc.) bombards them day and night.

Quote: These people crushed and oppressed by the Frankfurt School saw how in a short time what their parents and grandparents thought became “hate crimes”, “racism”, and “phobias” under Obama.

Quote: In this way, Trump won over the masses of the silent majority, that is, those who still live under Natural Law and without the contagious viral infection of Cultural Marxism in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc. The anger of America’s silent majority, crushed, mocked and humiliated, by the Hollywood elites , the Marxist college professors, the Gay Pride Parades, the Femen, the TV networks and their newscasts, the pop song stars , and 90% of the press that forced them down the throat with furious blows, all the social and cultural engineering of Gramsci, Marcuse, Adorno, Fromm, Benjamin, Lukacs and others, led Trump to create a real movement that I consider a authentic cultural counterrevolution.

Law97: Now if you think that that stuff isn’t already extreme enough…he goes on to try and compare Trump to Constantine (who is recognized as a Saint in Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy), implying that Trump, a very BAD Christian to the extent that he may even be called one at all, is somehow going to be the “Savior” of Christianity in America.

Funny how this guy claims to be such a big uber-alles Catholic, but then turns around and supports a guy who was a member of the anti-Catholic Marble Collegiate Church, founded by a guy (Norman Vincent Peale) who felt that Catholics were unfit to be President. Check this out!

Quote: That is why I share the opinion of the great Catholic historian HW Crocker (author of the brilliant book “Triumph: The Power and Glory of the Catholic Church”) who said that only Trump was the “exorcist” of political correctness and the only hope to do in front of this. And I also share what the Catholic Australian writer Blaise Joseph said, who defended Trump as a possible or hypothetical new Emperor Constantine in the sense that, without being a devout Christian, only he could destroy Cultural Marxism in open war and thus help with their policies to Christianity to rise from its persecution and ashes.

And this is said by Blaise Joseph knowing very well that Trump is far from having had an exemplary moral and personal life from the Christian point of view. On the contrary, he says it knowing very well that Trump was always a total playboy womanizer, with multiple divorces and fame as a very “light” and non-practicing Presbyterian Christian. But that is why he is compared to Constantine because he was not a Christian until his last moments on his deathbed, and yet he was the one who, due to his policies, helped Christianity the most, granting him freedom and protection.

Good Grief Ron.

REALLY???

Trump is America’s Constantine??? Trump is the guy that is somehow going to help save Christianity in America??? Is THAT what you are saying???

You gotta be friggin’ KIDDING me!!!

As a Catholic myself, I find such a comparison between Trump and a Catholic Saint to be downright SACRELIGIOUS!!!

2 Likes

Firstandten and 90210,

Tell us more about you pushing “cultural Marxism”

Some of Russell’s stories about the racism he encountered. It is still amazing to me that he was able to face this and do what he did.

Now, let me tell you a bit more.

At that point in my life, back in 2001, I had never heard about Holocaust denial. In fact, at that point, I wasn’t even aware that there was such a thing.

But one day, after our classes were over, he handed me a plastic bag with a bunch of paperback books inside, and said I could keep them. He told me that they offer a different perspective. When I looked inside and looked at the covers, it occurred to me that they were…and I’m NOT making this up…all books saying that the Holocaust was a fraud, that it never happened, that there were no gas chambers at Auschwitz, etc. etc. etc.

I truly couldn’t believe it! Of course, I didn’t read any of them, and I tossed them all in a dumpster near my place. I didn’t say anything about them again, but it was clear to me what this guy was all about then.

Only at that point did I start doing some online research, and I realized, much to my horror, that there is indeed a “Holocaust denial” movement, and that there are even academians like Arthur Butz at Northwestern and best-selling writers like David Irving that promote it. I guess I was young and naive.

Later, we had a discussion on Facebook in which he claimed that the Allies were just as responsible for WWII as the Nazis. I thought that was nonsense and told him so and why. He then responded by posting THIS book, which he claimed would explain everything:

Keeping an open mind, I did a little research into this Nick Kollerstrom fellow.

As it turns out, he is a HOLOCAUST DENIER. See here.

And consider this. The dude has a Ph.D in the History of Science and once taught at University College London. Fortunately, he was there is a non-tenured position, and as soon as he revealed his Holocaust denying beliefs, he was fired.

I then confronted Ron with that, and told him that the Vatican has made it clear that Holocaust denial is NOT an acceptable belief for Catholics to hold. I knew that since he claimed to be such an uber-alles Catholic, he would be affected by that.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/vatican-holocaust-denial-unacceptable

His response?

He has since blocked me from all social media.

Figures, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

That sounds about white.

Anybody denying the HOLOCAUST is a racist. Plenty of dems and repubs have denied it. The squad members can also be called racist for their anti Jewish state comments.

1 Like

Jewish is a religious/ethnic class. Israel is a state. Being critical of Israel and it’s policies (including brutal apartheid) does not make one anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish.

7 Likes

Ok this is meant to bring some levity to the conversation.

1 Like

You have to have keep a sense of humor. That was funny, but in many subtle ways…lol

It is like the horse shoe principle.

1 Like

The whole Israel “apartheid” trope is about as bogus, stupid, and ignorant as the whole Frankfurt School “cultural Marxism” trope.

And I hate to break this to you…but some of the same people use both.

The guy whose article I posted above, the true stories I told about him…besides being a pro-Trump wacko, spewing “Cultural Marxism” nonsense, and flirting with Holocaust denial and sympathy for the Nazis in WWII…was also militantly anti-Israel…probably all for the same reason.

Ever heard of Pat Buchanan?

Same deal. That’s where that guy took his lessons from.

I’d advise you to back off on that trope the same way I advised the guy who posted above to back off on “cultural Marxism,” and for all the same reasons.

Both are canards used by the same types of people in many cases.

Regarding Israel, ALL Americans, including “the Squad,” should listen to MLK:

Are there not Arab Israelis that are refused civil and human rights based on who they are? Rampant discrimination resulting in a poverty rate twice that of Jewish Israelis? Forced displacement through aggressive annexation of Palestinian territories? Severe oppression by police forces and repression of free expression and speech? Political repression in the Knesset with 8.3% of seats occupied by Arab Israelis where they are 21% of the population and have never been included in a governing majority coalition? The answer is yes to all of that.

So in Israel, Arab Israelis face political, economic and humanitarian oppression along with society wide discrimination.

Sounds like apartheid to me.

Everyone in the Squad believes in a 2 state solution which recognizes AND supports Israel’s right to exist as an independent state along with a state for Palestine. Because they are critical of Israel’s policies does not make them anti-zionists or anti-Semitic. A quote questionably attributed to MLK that’s devoid of context doesn’t change that.

Simple question:
Is Israel entitled to their historical home land? Yes and no?
They were there first then they got displaced. History is on Israel side not palestinians.

2 Likes

Do we really want to go here as Americans?

2 Likes

Its only yours if you can hold it.

That’s fine but also very different than what 92010 said. Seems like you have an argument with him but you liked his post.