NO PAC12 Expansion

Its not value…it is that none of the Big 12 schools were a cultural fit. like we were. Remember, a marketing firm the PAC 12 had hired recommended to them to expand east into the central time zone…The PAC chose to ignore that advice…They also chose to ignore USC, who clearly wanted the expansion to happen. The PAC is the most insular conference in the country, with what they view as their own unique culture…now they can continue to turn inward and we will see how that goes…

There would have been no exit fees because the Big 12 would have collapsed. PAC commish admitted the guilt he felt if PAC had chosen to destroy Big 12…He couldnt do it and neither could majority of their presidents…plus the thousand other reasons PAC always finds for not doing something…

PAC will not expand and new tv contract will basicly give them a COLA increase. I also expect new B12 contract to be on par with ACC and PAC. Conferences will be stable until ACC contract nears expiration.

The SEC didn’t want anyone else because no other brands were big enough.

Same for the PAC-12 then……AND now. The remaining brands weren’t worth it.

No PAC-12 expansion with Big 12 teams is forthcoming.

1 Like

My question is do Houston and Kansas add value to the B1G?

Kansas no, UH not yet.

I dunno. I kinda like the “Surfin’ Coogs” name and logo we could use should we venture west. But really those Pac 10, hippie, left wing, beliefs can go screw themselves. It would be something to mull over.

Happy where we’re going. Excited for the games and challenge and I’m hoping itll be as great as we all beleive it can be when TV contracts are renegotiated and we can still make bank.

Anywho, whoa Bundy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

UH will end up in the PAC eventually, take it to the bank

1 Like

There is almost no scenario in which the Big 12 dissolves. You need one of the below to happen:

a) Every single member to find a new home (a la SWC)
b) An inability to find enough teams willing to join to get back up to the requisite (a la WAC)
c) 3/4 of the conference finding a new home, all at the same time, able to vote simultaneously to dissolve the conference prior to announcing their withdrawal, and then winning the inevitable lawsuit.

Remember the BE/AAC survived on 3 members.

1 Like

Any standalone program no…they’d be on an island but a block of Houston + Oklahoma State + Texas Tech + Kansas…Yes!

It opens the PAC to new markets and significantly weakens a competitor.

This is an example of the sum being greater than the parts.

This conversation has no end, ever…

The real certainty is yes we will, no we wont join the PAC

1 Like

I agree. Worst case it it becomes something akin to the AAC again due to defections, but does anybody really see schools like Baylor, Iowa State, or Kansas State going anywhere? We have traded up big time in our conference with virtually no chance of being relegated back to a CUSA level conference- our bottom would be AAC part 2 if somehow the Big 12 dissolved but that is extremely unlikely as stated above. If there are any defections from the new Big 12- Houston is right up there with KU, TT, OSU, WVU, Cincy, etc as the teams most likely to be poached. I expect that the Big 12 is now going to be extremely stable with possibly only a few defections that would get back filled by Memphis, Boise State, CSU, SDSU, UNLV, SMU, USF, etc…the conference would still be better than what we are leaving now even if we lost say KU and TT to PAC and WVU and Cincy to ACC. We are still in a good place- with UH, Baylor, TCU, OSU, Kansas State, Iowa State, BYU, UCF, and let’s say additions of Memphis, USF, Colorado State, and Boise State- still a stout conference and like AAC on steroids. Make no mistake, we will be in a “big boy” conference now though. We don’t keep our ducks in a row and we will be winning 3-4 games and missing on bowl games.

Don’t put money on it.

It’s not gamble it’s a sure thing. B12 is still a gamble, will always be unstable like a wobbly top.

Then prepare to lose your money.

2 Likes

Let’s not kid ourselves. A year ago, none of the remaining big12 schools would have allowed us to join the league. Zero . All of a sudden after 50% of the conference’s value depart , the league becomes more stable . Really

Do you honestly think Baylor, TCU, Iowa State ADs, are looking at their budgets and are thinking, man, let’s stop looking at other conferences. Those schools we didn’t want in conference are going to come in and stabilize our budgets.

The new big12 is as stable as Biden on a bike.

4 Likes

The Big 12 is stable due to the fact that no current member, other than Kansas basketball, is a desired school that will move the needle to get an invite to any other P5 conference. Big 12 members can look around all they want, but no one is going anywhere.

1 Like

It’s stable simply because no other conference wants its schools.

If you think otherwise, then take a cold shower.

Again, where do you imagine any Big12 school going? Certainly not the SEC. They took the schools they wanted. Certainly not the B1G. The only school that would qualify has too sucky a football brand.

The ACC hasn’t shown any interest and is locked into a contract until 2036.

And no team adds real value to the PAC-12.

Any arguments?

1 Like
  • Signed, Conference USA
2 Likes