No to Deion Sanders

I’d love to see Prime time at UH. However, I think he gets his opportunity elsewhere.

Tired of gimmicks. If Holgersen doesn’t make find a young upcoming coach with lots of energy. And spend money so we can bring in top assistants.
Besides all the stars lined up for PT at Jackson State.
No thanks

2 Likes

This school needs wins more than attention. He would bring attention, but he has not shown he can coach when he does not have a huge talent advantage. He is playing a SWAC schedule with FBS level talent. How will he do when every team he plays has equal or nearly equal talent? Will the attention fill the stadium if he does not win?

1 Like

Why can’t we just, like, hire a marketing person to do marketing? Why does that have to be the Head Coach’s job?

Also, if CKS has taught us anything, it’s that winning is dramatically more important than being flashy. Dude coaches a relatively boring, gritty brand of basketball that’s close to unwatchable when it doesn’t work. And the arena sold out of season tickets months in advance.

3 Likes

Neither has CDH.

Silly argument I hear constantly about coaches. He only wins with talent. Who in the heck can win without a talent advantage?

Bill Belicheck, Bill Walsh, Nick Saban, Steve Kerr, Phil Jackson, and Pat Riley want a word.

Also, isn’t it a bit silly to criticize someone for not being able to do a job that they have yet to be given? Who in the heck do we think we are? UH is not a job you take after you get a big time job, its the one you take before and move on, or you take it, run with it and turn it into a big time job. If Prime Time goes to FSU or Auburn, he is never coming here. Unless of course its to take recruits out of Houston due to CDH’s ineptitude.

2 Likes

Uhhh the fact that he has 5 and 4 star recruits going to Jackson State is the reason for the talent differences. If he comes to UH or any power 5 school he will have more talent than most power 5 schools. You have to realize in the day of the NIL a school like UH will need whatever advantage we can get to compete with the likes of UT, A&M Bama and Ohio State for the state of Texas players… Coach Prime would have us in the top 3 of every Texas high school player…

2 Likes

I would not bother. Its clear Endless Purple has other reasons why he doesn’t want Prime Time here.

1 Like

It’s sad man. Coach Prime would immediately launch UH football to the next level and it’s not even an argument. This dude has people checking for Jackson State lol no diss to the HBCU’s because my parents went to one but come on man. Coach Prime would recruit circles around anyone not named Saban only because of what Saban has proven. Also on top of that his buyout would be less than $1million. No more retreads. Get a hungry coach that you know will preach culture and accountability.

2 Likes

You mean the million dollar bonus he got for joining the B12? Of which he did nothing to deserve it?

1 Like

Before I answer the other questions, Please elaborate on what my “other reasons” are.

Also for a hint: I will bet Lance Leipold does not have a talent advantage over many teams if any.

What? Dude has one of the best QBs in the country and a backup that would be starting over ours if he was here. If you have excellent QB play you’re in any game.

It takes more than one player to make a football team successful at the top level of P5 schools. At a G5 or lower level, you may get away with one great player, but usually without great lines, a decent to good RB and some receivers, not to mention defense, you will not win unless you have great coaching to overcome the talent deficit. Kansas does not have the depth the other teams have as they are generally near the bottom of recruiting rankings. They have a good coach.

Have to get over thinking G5 and think P5 (or P whatever it will be)

Jackson outdraws UH in attendance as of now and they still have some big games coming up

The game yesterday was a sellout in Montgomery, Alabama

There’s a reason his name is coming up in other places - every time an hbcu moves the needle the barometer changes such as integration, deregulation of NCAA tv deals, APR, transfer portal and now NIL

I would say yes he does.

His QB and OL are definitely better than ours. So were his running backs. Considering the fact that KU’s only loss is to a very talented TCU team, this proves my point.

Also, his success at this level disproves your point; Coach Liepold had only coached at D3 schools, not even D-1AA, prior to his ascension to Buffalo job. Prior to the KU job, he had a single 10 win season at Buffalo, a MAC school, which to me is about equal to Jackson State.

So, clearly your excuses don’t stand the test of analysis. Frankly, for whatever reason, you have something against Prime Time coaching here that has nothing to do with his coaching ability. You are just happy to have some mediocre, milquetoast coach, where mediocrity reigns, as long as that person acts as you want them too.

I have never seen Prime Time act in anyway that has embarrassed Jackson State. In fact, his behavior has been upstanding, and he is not flipping the bird to his own fans regularly, or, looking sloshed on the field. Also, everyone who knows Prime Time knows that (i) the man is a Christian (I don’t care about this, but some do); (ii) does not drink or do drugs; and (iii) and has never been accused of any crimes, moral or otherwise. All he has ever done is exude confidence, and back it up on and off the field.

Other than Bo Jackson, Prime Time was the only NFL Player to have his own shoe!! I had a pair.
Again, imagine if he is our coach, and Nike brings back the Prime Times. UH wears them on the field. Kids all around the country are wearing those shoes, with Scarlet and White on them, and with a UH symbol on the side. Can you just Imagine what that kind of pub that would do for this school?

Honestly, the more I type this, the more it makes sense. He should be our next coach; but it probably won’t happen because he will go to Auburn, Arkansas, Arizona State and make them awesome. We will be stuck with General Soreness, aka CDH, the Jimmy Buffet look-a-like, as our HC. Yay :pensive:

3 Likes

What are my other reasons which you earlier said were clearly there? Now you are just making assumptions without any validation. Type it out.

Not sure how this post made it 10 hours without a like, just want to give props for the truth.

1 Like

Prime would be a MASSIVE hit at UH. Would it be a circus ? Maybe a little bit but guess what…that’s what the kids of today like. The man played in NFL and MLB…kids are drawn to him and he relates to them at a level few do. He would haul in a recruiting class that we’ve never seen.

3 Likes

Did you know he also has a stated mission to improve the historically black colleges and universities? He does a lot of work to help elevate their status. He is very good at this because of his values.

How does moving to Arizona St, Auburn or Arkansas help that mission? or do you believe he is just lying about it and using Jackson St as a stepping stool and is really just a sell out for money?

Using his shoe line as a reason to hire a coach is beyond silly.

Now answer what my other reasons are!

If CDH manages to finish the season with a winning regular season record, such as 9-3 or 8-4, then he isn’t going anywhere. The last 4 minutes of the Memphis game indicated to us how good we can be if highly motivated. The team played like their pants were on fire.

Tune delivered under intense pressure. Receivers performed very well. The team kept the penalties under 100 yards. We discovered another FG kicker option. We won an important road game as the underdog. Defense had 4 sacks and limited Memphis to 4 FGs.

If we continue to play at that level the rest of the season, then fans will adopt and sing Margaritaville as our post game victory song.

CDH will be lucky to win 4 games in the Big 12 based on his recruiting and coaching ability.

UH simply being in the Big 12 is not enough. There are 4 other schools in Texas in the Big 12. Not to mention OU, Okie State, and TAMU, which are not too far away.

We need to create “buzz”, an environment where people want to come and play here. Nobody worth a dang is going to want to come play for CDH, especially if we are wining 3-5 games a season.

3 Likes