Renu Statement

Just because he says the stadium will be empty it doesn’t mean he’s not going.

And the stadium is going to be empty.

3 Likes

Pez is about to get more help than he ever wished for from Tillman and Renu ! I have every confidence they will get it sorted out and Pez will be given his marching orders on how to proceed . There is a very low tolerance for nonsense from T&R. Coogs let’s let them do their jobs !

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to honor Renu’s hint about the Holidays. However, if AppleFail is still here in February I’m coming out keyboard blazing.

2 Likes

I don’t know what decision will be made by our administration, but whatever it will be, it will not be made in a fit of rage and without sound reasoning and a rational assessment of the entire situation. I will be satisfied with any decision they make, because I know it will be responsible and well thought out.

5 Likes

Well, I have been a season ticket holder for 47 years and went to most all home games as a student for 5 years.

If CMA is back, I might not be. Protest with your wallet !! It is all I can do.

I don’t consider myself a bandwaggoner or a fair weather fan, but Tillman and Khator need to admit they screwed up and fix the problem.

CMA sucked before being named HC, during being HC and will most likely after being HC.

It is not personal as I do not know the man. I am only commenting on his HC ability !!

5 Likes

Yep !

I would like to agree with you on this, but I feel the decision to hire CMA was NOT well thought out and was reactionary to Herman leaving. I would prefer to think not, but that is what it seemed like to me…especially with the buyout games clauses… I think Tillman may have over reacted to Herman’s leaving the way he did.

Tillman is not use to losing…the big 12 expansion farce was also probably fresh in his mind.

3 Likes

I agree with EECOOG69. It’s not about die-hards vs. bandwagon fans. UH simply doesn’t have enough die-hards to sustain the program. This is about increasing the number of casual fans (like me) into a loyal fan base. People have options where to spend their time and money and who wants to invest in a “dog” stock. Not me!

For those of you who say Rhenu is closer to the situation than any of us, I’m pretty sure she has her pulse on public opinion. She is trying to raise the stature of UH. Everyone can agree the football program took a huge blow on Saturday. Huge.

2 Likes

Not really “huge”. Remember after the Keenum era and Sumlin leaving and Levine/Bush etc…and then Herman comes and we win the Peach Bowl? Nobody outside of Houston remembers Levine and UTSA or Texas State or the SMU beat down…They remember the good wins. Next year, when we start winning again (or the year after, or three years after) TV commentators will remark on Ware, Keenum, Ward, King and whomever is doing good in the present as representing the UH legacy. We lost a meaningless bowl game, it is over. In the long run, our team is remembered for their wins…not the losses. Get over it. Lets just hope the Admin. can get us back to winning again. Between you and me, I bet they will. Go Coogs.

7 Likes

I have been going to games since 1967 and though not a season ticket holder until recently I made ever game I could. But having sat throught Yeoman, Pardee, Jenkins, Helton(please not that ever again), Dimel, Briles, Sumlin, Levine and Herman not one of them did I ever see have their team just totally unprepared and not playing their hearts out. Coaches included. Yesterday I saw a head coach basically surrender in the 2nd quarter. No use of time outs, squib kicks instead of kick offs, defensive plays not prepared for cut blocks. Army did nothing fancy, our kids simply weren’t full of fire and prepared to stop Army at any time. The DB’s and even the TV guys commented on this were 10 yards back in a cover two against a running team. It was poor planning and poor coaching and saying so at the press conference was just trying to excuse lousy action of his part. I will still come but I have to say that Major coaches like a tee sip depending on superior talent to win and when it is not there not having the decivisiveness to correct the problems. He is a top assistant coach who is out of his league as a head coach imo.

9 Likes

Well stated.

Only part I can offer a small disagreement is that I doubt he is a top assistant coach.

HS coaching may be his calling.

2 Likes

Skip Holtz. Would leave La. Tech tomorrow to take our job.

2 Likes

Pass.

Tucson, I know your heart is in the right place but Skip Holts would be an unmitigated disaster here.

I will say this… If this administration decides to retain Applewhite, these comments (both Khator and Pezman) have absolutely crippled his ability to bring in top-level coordinators. Just fire him now, because he isn’t going to be able to attract someone here after these votes of no confidence.

5 Likes

Quoting…”Right now, I’m going to chill out and have a nice holiday season and then think about it.”

“Yesterday’s game was disappointing, but it’s not the end of the world.”

I am reading . Everyone should just chill and have a nice holiday. It isn’t the end of the world so get over it.

Boy I tell you…It isn’t easy being a coog fan.

If you fire him now not only are you out a M you are hurting your recruiting YET AGAIN. keep him one more season and see where the season goes. You cant make an emotional decision in business, this isnt forum talk this is millions of dollars invested. His record was better than last years and he had multiple things going against him whether it be DC, Injuries, QB, Media. I was ready to let him go yesterday but things will never get better if we just move on from people the way they move on from us. Thats not the way to sustain a program fighting for respect and equality.

One more year, finish out his contract and then start fresh. We have 1 more year to get it right. As long as BBall and track stay nationally relevant we will be in the media. Just have to set your entitled football pride to the side for one more season and then evaluate again.

5 Likes

BUT didn’t they change the recruiting rules to allow go an early signing period and didn’t most of our recruits sign in that early signing period LAST WEEK!

If I understand correctly, aren’t they locked into to University of Houston now? Wouldn’t they have to sit out their freshman year if they wanted to play somewhere else?

1 Like

Yeah, but you’re screwing the kids over and basically saying “come to houston where we fire our coaches because they show no emotion and we jump ship at the first sign of fire”. Not only that but any players that they were recruiting arent going to come to a program who changes coaches every 3 years.

Heck just reading some of these post makes me worried about their decision making skills under pressure. Just because our class signed early doesnt mean they dont or cant leave. These kids signed with the assumption they’d play for Houston and for MA. All im saying is to seriously think about the long term and not the short term when it comes to the football program. One good season 3 years ago does not mean that no one else is below us, theyre not.

3 Likes

That’s a good question.

1 Like