Season Ticket plans announced by UH Athletics

I called last week and was told that we could add more tix before season tickets are available to new customers.

3 Likes

I have 4 in section 130. Little bit of a hike, but I get it. Also, existing season ticket holders are getting a rate discount on hike. I’ll be adding four more tickets in 300 section.

1 Like

Anybody noticed that UH for some dumb reason priced the chairbacks on the third deck home side the same price as a chairback lowerbowl. Those are completely different views and game experience between sections. It almost a $500 difference from bleacher third deck on home side to the chairbacks. Bet a bunch of those seats are going to lose season ticket holders been there for years.

However it is set up, I think it is still a bargain. I still have to boost my CP donation anyway to get to my normal donation.

6 Likes

I can’t see it as a bargain, but I understand the prices. I have a friend with Tech season tickets in a similar spot to mine, and his per-game cost, including the required donation, is about half my price per game. If you take out the UT game, our price per game is even higher.

In fact, his 40 yard line seats just above the student section cost less per game than our end zone bleachers.

The difference is the comparably large donation requirement. I would donate anyway, but it’s going to be a deal-killer for some folks. Price of doing business, I suppose, but since our pool of contributors and ticket holders is small, we’re carrying a large burden.

3 Likes

You can’t see it as a bargain? Why don’t you compare comparable season tickets at aggie home games or the whorns, or the Texans or Astros? It is definitely a bargain.

1 Like

It’s not a “bargain” - the cost is what it is, and I’ll pay it, but that doesn’t mean it’s some kind of awesome deal.

Ticket prices for professional sports teams or some other non-Big 12 teams don’t make much difference to me. Plus, I had the data for the Tech tickets handy, so it was an easy comparison.

5 Likes

The comparison needs to be made w the TxTech, BayBears, OkieSt, Frogs of the world, not Pro teams or Ags n Horns.

That’s what Pez & staff used to set prices. They even put up a chart to show UH will be one off from bottom of those current teams.

So yes , imo not a bargain from like the past pricing scale but still in line in comparison against the Schools listed on UH announcement.

Edit: unless Pez & Co are using fake data to deceive the Consumer. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I suspect the chart excludes the required donations as part of the season ticket price dataset. I don’t think it’s “fake,” but I have a feeling it’s not the whole story.

And to be fair, this new increase isn’t the culprit. They’re not significantly higher than last year, especially if the early-renewal discount is worthwhile.

1 Like

As Billy Joel sang-- You May Be Right…

Except for one act, the Lincoln’s really enjoyed that play at fords theater.

We aren’t comparable to those teams. Our peers are tech and OSU etc.

3 Likes

Look at it from a 1 yr point of view if the UT game was broken out. Next yr , no UT etc

What if we were Memphis now?

Let’s get over this and move on and think how lucky we are to be p5. Only a few g5s have ever moved up.

7 Likes

Yeah for a comparable seat to mine at TDECU (sitting in the 100s roughly on the 25 yard line home side) I’d pay:

$75 less at Baylor for 8 home games,
$125 less at Texas Tech for 6 home games,
$225 less at TCU for 7 home games for a team that just played for a CFP National Championship,
$300 less at OK State for 7 home games.

So our prices and the price comp they put out in that letter are getting a nasty side-eye from me. I have 2 tickets but seriously considering going down to 1.

Also, they need to fix the stadium garage parking pass where they charge more for the season pass than the game day pricing.

7 Likes

Instead of pricing to grow what is not a large season ticket base UH decides to squeez the small base they already have. We need to be growing season ticket sales and a fan base not pricing them out. UH just cant stop getting in its own way. They are about to do some real damage to fans by increasing both football and basketball and are going to squeeze out loyal fans who have had tickets for both sports and stunt the growth of both sports fan support.

8 Likes

I doubt next year’s tickets drop proportionately. Even so, my tickets cost MORE per game if you remove the UT game, and it’s because of the CP required donation.

It’s not really a question of whether it’s awesome to make the move, and most of us are going to suck it up and pay the freight. But the ticket office needs to get out of here with the claim that we’re somehow the cheapest ticket in the conference, because that really doesn’t look to be true. I’m not going to dig up more data, because it’ll just aggravate me. Just open up the ticket sales and let’s get on with it.

4 Likes

We’re not sec but we are maybe the 3rd or 4th best football conf

See prices they are paying . It is what it is so I’d rather us p5 vs g5 , just pretend it’s your yearly hobby like hunting which it is

I do agree we should keep prices low and fill the stands and parking should be $10 but I’m not in charge and I’m going with it bc I’m very happy to finally be p5 with big time games that matter and respect. I’m treating it like an event or hobby as what I do in the fall.

3 Likes

Well first thing is that LSU is not a peer intuition to us. Neither is Texas or A&M and many of the SEC schools. Second, that’s a secondary market site that you linked. Not the actual pricing from the school itself.

Lastly, I have other hobbies and activities that at the moment I love more than UH Cougar football. One of those being UH Cougar basketball. I’m not keen on being upcharged by hundreds when compared to our actual peer institutions and having that impact my other hobbies.

1 Like

That explanation isn’t satisfying. UH played seven games at TDECU in 2015. I don’t recall one of those games being singled out on the season ticket package back then.

3 Likes

Sorry you were displaced but this is all good news. I have been wanting upper and lower EZ seating to be for students.
Also be nice to be playing teams close enough to bring their bands