Spring Game?

Many fans in attendance?

Thank you for the insights Acres.
I have to say I am concerned with our OL. How did our center play and how much rotation did you see at the position? Thank you.

I concur!

Thanks to Acres and Twinmom for some excellent info on the friday practice and scrimmaging. I am grateful to you both for some valuable insight…THANKS!!!

3 Likes

Ahhhhh…Yes, the backup QB is again the most popular player on the team !!

It has started early this year !!

6 Likes

Never gets old!

You mean as the backup right ? Lol

1 Like

No, he meant starter.

He has a valid point given how bad and inconsistent Tune has looked at times during his 2 plus years as the starting QB at UH.

Look at his overall record as the starter, or who he has beaten as an opponent…? Not a very impressive list of adversaries.

If Tune continues to struggle with interceptions early on in the season and Massoud continues to improve and balls out during practice at the very least it becomes a HOT TOPIC :fire:.

3 Likes

Well, at least to you.

3 Likes

With our OL play the last several years very few QBs would have looked good. Hopefully we see significant OL play improvement. If we don’t, its not going to matter regardless of who is at QB. Tune is definitely the solid #1. If we have to go to a backup regardless of who that is because of injury or to poor play, it will not be good for our W/L record.

Most forget that Tune absolutely had better performance numbers than the first four games that King played that year and Tune was playing with an injured hammy for a handful of games and a team that had gone full RS (the team was not in full RS mode when King was running the show).

Tune started off well last year but as soon as we started getting degraded with OL play Tune’s play degraded with it (no surprise). As Dana has stated, we were a much softer team coming down the stretch of a COVID season then were were earlier in the year and against tough physical teams like BYU.

Tune needs to have a decent year, his best yet, but as Dana always says, it starts up front with the OL and that is true regardless of the QB.

Whoever the best QB is, that is who I want to play. No favorites. But to jump into a backups camp without him ever playing a down of D1 football doesn’t seem logical.

1 Like

There are numerous questions hereon that have not been answered.

This tells me that fan attendance was very low.

No answers because no one was there to observe the Game.

Attendance was low, I expected that. It was more small scrimmages as opposed to game . I observed a lot of things, don’t know if I can answer any questions, but @Acres gave a great summary.

Dare i ask, anything on TOS?

TOS?

Not looking for any inside info just wondering if there was much discussion on The Other Site?

Oh, haha! I see.

One day, going to buy Twinmom AND her husband a beer!

2 Likes

The OL deserves great scrutiny. It has been a huge weakness.

We have a Transfer Center from La. Tech who is highly touted. Did he play?

Who were the 5 OL starters? Did anyone observe them successfully blocking our DL?

Besides Car who else played RB?How many carries and yards did they obtain?

Did Tune run any Option plays?

What were Tune and Massoud’s pass attempts and completions? And TD’s?

What was the Run/Pass ratio?

Does our Defense display proper tackling techniques? Did the Defense bring down the Offensive guy or did he easily run through tackle attempts?

2 Likes

Just curious. What part of “there was no spring game” do some folks on here not seem to understand?

5 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone there was documenting all of that. There was a lot going on at once. Separate scrimmages in the beginning, kickoff return scenarios, etc. It wasn’t a spring game , but more game play situations. Lots of good plays by multiple players in different positions. If anyone other than a coach can give you all of that info, they really analyzed the entire event. We can’t get fans to come on a beautiful Saturday evening, I expected low turnout when they issued a thunderstorm watch. There were a few hundred. Those that did attend, did enjoy it though.

1 Like