Spring Game?

Apparently a lot . I believe from what I’ve seen posted it was very situational, trying different things with different folks . I may be wrong but I believe the squad was split therefor it’s highly possible that the starting OL wasn’t all playing together. This may be incorrect so correct me if I’m wrong

2 Likes

I have not seen much of anything on 2 of TOS I frequent. This thread is by far the best for info along with the videos here … kudos and thank you

You’re correct, at least from what I saw. They had a roster list provided and I saw ones with twos.

Why did we have a controlled scrimmage instead of a regular Spring Game?

Wouldn’t it be super informative to put our First Team Offense against our First Team Defense?

We have no idea if Tune can generate an 80 yard TD drive against a good defense because Dana did not ask him to do so.

Frankly seems bizarre to me. Is this the procedure for all College Teams?

Ones were with ones as well. Just mixing it up.

Many coaches don’t like to have an actual spring game. They had the entire spring to evaluate so I doubt the staff saw it as any more of an opportunity than having one more practice.

2 Likes

Alabama, OU, and LSU all are on YouTube.

All had what resembled an actual game.

All 3 might be part of the 2021 Final Four.

Do these staffs know something other Head Coaches do not know?

1 Like

We had dinner with Derek and got some info. The transfer from La Tech, Kody did not play in the scrimmage he was hurt but is a beast he says. Tank, the TAMU transfer was injured when he arrived and hasn’t been able to play. That is another player we have not seen yet, but was a starter last season for them. He says offense is definitely better than last year. As for Tre Williams, he bailed the day of the scrimmage and didn’t tell anyone. No coach or anything. Without being disrespectful to him, all I will say is he wasn’t what they expected after the fact. Falls asleep in meetings etc. They had “games” against each other all spring practice and this was a chance to mix things up and have some fun.

7 Likes

I was in Fredericksburg at my great nephew’s rehearsal dinner Friday evening and his wedding yesterday evening. His grandmother LaDonna, who died of cancer in 2003, was my charming bride’s sister, leaving my wife as his mother’s sorta of replacement mother. LaDonna had 3 sons and a daughter who all regard her as the matriarch of their family.

1 Like

Spring games are basically for the fans to come get a glimpse of the team, since we don’t have that demand I’d guess that the staff would rather have more practices instead of a fake game . A&M also had a spring game televised on ESPNU… their fan base wants to see them play , on the other hand, sadly, most UH alumni do t give a rats ass about the team much less a spring game .

5 Likes

Yeah pressure for them to have one but trust me, at that point coaches don’t really want to host a game.

1 Like

We’ve had some decently attended spring games in the past when we were winning.

1 Like

Remember one at Tully Stadium back in the day.

I think you know the key phrase of that sentence.

1 Like

I do. And we aren’t doing that right now.

I’m scared of what this season’s attendance will look like.

3 Likes

Slight bump early from pent up demand. Which is why the team needs to win and quite frankly win with some sex appeal. Because right now I don’t know if winning boring is going to get a consistent bump.

Maybe. I’m afraid some season ticket holders won’t come back after last season which will offset that. We will see.

It’s a fair thing to be worries about for sure. I know nobody misses Herman for the most part but there’s no question we could really use some of that nonstop carnival barking right now.

4 Likes

…And his WINNING. Peach bowl and all.

1 Like

All they need to do is win… Win 3 or 4 in a row to start the season and attendance wont be a problem…
That Tech game is a huge momentum builder…

7 Likes