T. Moore

“Stop disrespecting Randy, bro!”

1 Like

Everyone here need to keep their day job. :joy: what threw me off was Francis should be played in round 32 to guard against Kofi. Out of the box thinking is one thing based on height, weight etc but then there is basketball iq, preparation, practice, cohesiveness and chemistry with current group and other intangibles that CKS can see and sense everyday that will not allow for such callousness.

Legit question from my 10YO daughter who is a huge Taze Moore fan (she wore #4 in her rec league because of him): why doesn’t he do track & field since he can run and jump so high?

I know sprinting is a very sophisticated art but I told her I could not see why he couldn’t do long jump. I am not sure he is tall enough for the high jump - those guys are usually tall and lean.

Anyway it was a fun conversation. If Taze goes off for 20 each game, the Coogs are in good shape!

1 Like

The two thoughts that crossed my mind…maybe his surgical repairs wouldn’t allow for him to participate in T&F…and (most likely) if he thinks he has a shot at the next level, why risk injury…just focus completely on basketball because it might make you millions of more dollars by doing so.

Good question, though. Would love someone to pose it to him and see what his thoughts are.

1 Like

Cuz you don’t get to dunk on people in T&F. :grinning:

7 Likes

Prediction: in either the Arizona game, or the next one ;), Taze will provide the tournament’s defining play in terms of “major aweness, came out of my seat” by throwing down in the most jaw-dropping, spectacular of ways. You know, the one we know he has in his arsenal and have been waiting for.

3 Likes

But I actually would like to watch that as an event.

I know of one team. Illinois

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that I read in one of the pieces about Taze that he might have high jumped. His HS coach told him that he should try it, and supposedly Taze cleared whatever height the coach had set the bar at by approaching and jumping it as you would a hurdle

2 Likes

Taze-bury Flop?

4 Likes

Yea, I remember that coment, like all the posters that said “Jamal Shead should not be our starting point guard!

1 Like

With a full team, we may have not been able to see this Jamal Shead.

But I think he was going to win the starting job, regardless.

However, before the season started, I didn’t think Shead would get much run this year. Boy, was I wrong. And I still would have been wrong. Even if Sasser and Mark stayed healthy.

3 Likes

I hope so too, but mathurin (sp?) set the bar pretty high with that thump on tcu. Taze’s gonna have to jump over somebody.

Some crow can be quite tasty when cooked properly… I had him as a minutes guy with you, nothing close to the player he has developed into… I find the best pairing with this crow dish is Final 4 Loko.

1 Like

The second time he came off the bench vs Hofstra is when we took off.

2 Likes

After watching CKS give Sasser some reps at PG in the first game or two of the season, I told my fellow season ticket holders that Jamal Shead would clearly be our PG.

I think that the only reason that CKS even gave Marcus Sasser some early season reps at PG was because he wanted to help him develop his game for a possible future NBA career. But it was crystal clear to me that Jamal Shead was a much, much better PG. And now it appears that Jamal just might develop into one of our best of all-time PGs.

As Dickie V would say - He’s awesome Baby!

2 Likes

I didn’t think it would be Sasser keeping Shead on the bench. I thought it would be Mark.

But even if Mark was healthy, he wasn’t keeping Shead on the bench.

3 Likes

And the good thing is that with his experience and comfort level on the floor growing, next year his shooting will be consistently better/good.

Yes, I know yesterday he was spot on, hence the word “consistently”. This year, some games he’s been on, some games not so much.

I’m thinking Shead may not have started in the beginning but he eventually would have worked his way into the starting lineup as our point guard.
Once again, coach Sampson did not bring in Shead to be a backup. He brought him in because he is smart, distributes well and is a pure leader.
Even with Mark and Sasser being able to play I think there is no doubt, at least in my mind, that Shead would be the man controlling this team on the floor…

2 Likes

I haven’t gone back through my mental checklist of one season players at UH but I will say Taze is Top 3 if not #1 for my list of favorites. I wish he could have played a few seasons at UH.

(Alton Ford is on the list as well… somewhere)

2 Likes