Tank Dell

Congratulation to Dell on his multi million dollar contract…buddy can you spare a dime?

2 Likes

If you’re going to panhandle him you’ve got to get the name right. Mr. Dell

3 Likes

Does 610 even take calls? I haven’t heard a caller on that station in months. Just the hosts reading texts from listeners. Maybe it is just the times I’m in the car.

I don’t even know if Larry in Stafford is still alive.

5 Likes

13 Likes

So he’s #13 for the Texans. I’m not superstitious, but I think that will be an unlucky number for defensive backs on the opposing teams.

4 Likes

Maybe saving on screener role?

So far, no one has ever been able to cover Tank. He is an anomaly, not that fast, not that big or powerful, and maybe not the best route runner, but he gets open all the time. Uncoverable–a receiver beast.

When the name Odoms came up, it brought to mind a Thomas (I believe) that played for maybe Chicago. He was a tight end before of after Riley.

Earl Thomas caught the winning TD against Miami in 69 at the Dome to keep the win streak alive.

That team started 0-2 but were on a hell of a roll after that. Newhouse was 3rd string :flushed:, Elmo put on a show every week, Mullins running the veer like clockwork, tenacious defense, preseason ranked #1 by Playboy. That was a fun team to watch. My first college game, Houston 73 - Mississippi State 0

4 Likes

He’s a great route runner and cuts on a dime.

2 Likes

He ran a 4.5 at the combine, so what.? Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 at the combine and did OK in the pros being the only wide receiver in NFL history with over 20,000 (22,895 to be exact) yards receiving.

5 Likes

As has been mentioned on the this board before, 40 yard dash times and other straight line track speeds do not translate well in the NFL. It is one measure to take into consideration. I think the fans care more about it than football teams.

3 Likes

UH has been blessed with some great receivers from the Run N Shoot(my time frame) Dell is the toughest matchup I have seen. He will get open and make plays.

5 Likes

Honest question for ya, you have one pick would you rather have Dell or Marquez Stevenson?

Thanks.

1 Like

Remember that time Al David took Darius Heyward-Bey over Michael Crabtree because Bey ran a 4.3 40yd?

Speed means nothing if you don’t possess the skill set to get open and catch the damn football.

Also, I’ve seen many a “track” studs end up with hamstring issues cough Will Fuller cough and couldn’t consistently stay on the field. Yeah, give me the 4.5 guy all day, everyday who runs perfect routes, and has good burst.

2 Likes

Marquez’s speed and hands with tanks route running and durability.

Not either or with them. It would have to be a combo.

2 Likes

Dell is the obvious choice

2 Likes

Dell all day.

Better pure receiver IMO.

3 Likes

Honestly don’t feel we did as well as we could have in getting Marquez the ball in space. Partly on the staff and some on the qb.
Stevenson was really explosive and could have won a lot of matchups downfield but I am partial to the sure thing and taking what a defense gives you.
I would go with Tank for his ability to move the chains .

1 Like

Tank Dell.