Tank Dell

Did he shut it down because he dominated the practices? Didn’t see him in the game and didn’t see him in the box score.

There were several others that left after Thursday as well. Injury possibility.

I read he left Thursday and would not play. Didn’t say he was injured, so I think maybe he left to avoid any as he absolutely proved himself in practice. Hopefully that is the case.

10 Likes

Golden said Tank showed him how to practice like a pro. He said even if Tank was banged up after a game, he went just as hard in the next practice and did not take a practice off. It showed Golden he had to do the same.

16 Likes

Talking heads say 3rd, possibly sneak into 2nd round….if true, he helped himself quite a bit.

Love for Texans to get him with that early 3rd round pick.

For all you Texan haters, it’s okay to give them a chance again….finally made a smart move.

3 Likes

Did Tune play?

Yes, I saw him in for a couple of drives….mostly handoffs and short passes.

I’m sure they saw what they needed to in practice……

You have Mel Kiper that has him QB5 and then another ESPN guy has him the 12th rated QB.

Who knows……I know I read somewhere a couple of teams really liked him but can’t remember where….

I think Tune can sneak into day 2 of the draft.

Most likely, see him as a 4th or 5th rounder.

He’s definitely helped his stock. Walter Football and PFF projected him as a 5th mid way through the season.

His route running, hands, and speed is better than all the top receivers on the big board this year. He’s just small and thin.

Yes, he did very well. He actually started.

4 Likes

Guessing Tank was told a team would take him at pick #___ and he was good with it.

Tune had a good day. Had chemistry w the RBs and his arm looked strong.
Got rid of it falling down under a blitz at tough angles, etc

“Tank Dell, Houston
You wanna talk about lightning in a bottle?”

2 Likes
  • Oh my, Tank Dell , what a week it was…well, it was just two practices, but it felt like a week. He practiced just two two days because he was destroying everyone that easily? I don’t know. Injury? Regardless, on the first two days, he was electric. I’m still waiting for someone to be near him on a route. He’s as sudden as it gets. He can cut on a dime. He has excellent hands, snatching the ball away from his body at all times. He packed on eight to ten pounds too, weighing in at 163 lb, yet didn’t lose a step.*
    footballtakeover.com — The Senior Bowl Review: Wide Receivers
4 Likes

What football player hasn’t…?

Seahawks Draft: Why ‘Tank’ Dell is Bump’s sleeper WR prospect - Seattle Sports (mynorthwest.com)

"So what should we know about Dell?

“If you do not get your hands on this young man at the line of scrimmage – because he’s 5-8, 165 – he’s gonna cook you,” Bumpus said. “He went to the Senior Bowl, and it sounds like he did not lose a rep. This guy’s dynamic. Now, he’s not the guy you’re gonna line up on the outside and say ‘OK, beat this guy one-on-one every single time.’ You can move him around.”

"Bumpus said Dell reminds him of former LA Rams first-round pick Tavon Austin. What’s interesting about that comparison is Austin played at West Virginia for head coach Dana Holgorsen, who was Dell’s head coach at Houston.

“He reminds me of a better Tavon Austin … He’s a lot more skilled (than Austin), a better route runner than this guy,” Bumpus said of Dell. “I’m looking at him and I’m saying that’s my sleeper. Anybody who gets his young man late in the draft, you might be on to something.”

15 Likes

John Harris and Marc Vandemeer had a mock draft last week and John was very high on Tank.

1 Like

Would love to see Tune and Dell end up on the same team.

11 Likes

Would love to see Tank end up in Houston for their rebuild

12 Likes

Just saw a commercial last night featuring Dell. It was for an electric/power service.

10 Likes

IMO Tank is MADE for the Patriots. He fits all of their check marks.

5 Likes

Or Chiefs!

3 Likes