TDECU Stadium Renovations & Expansions

As for me, I appreciate the opportunity to be able to purchase UH FB season tickets at a very fair relative price/value and I enjoy visiting with all those persons who sit around me.

4 Likes

14 Likes

https://x.com/UHCougarPR/status/1790874626882445379

UH video board will be 7,200 square feet, which will be #8 in the country behind UT.

This article was published in September 2022.

2 Likes

That’s a big TV! Hope Pez doesn’t lose the remote in the sofa.

9 Likes

I just hope there aren’t any dead pixels on opening day
unlike when TDECU opened.

4 Likes

I’ll wait until it’s finished to really whine but something about having the largest TV in the smallest stadium bugs me. That thing is right on the field it’s going to feel like a drive in movie theater.

3 Likes

1 Like

This list says Utah has a bigger one. Did they renovate or something? Why are we saying ours is the biggest in the conference? Why is that so important to have the biggest?

First it was biggest in the state which isn’t true. Now apparently this isn’t true either.

2 Likes

Who cares as long as it works well and includes an upgraded speaker/sound system.

2 Likes

Largest in the Texas Big 12

I think it is great. It is a conversation starter, if anyone wants to see a large screen we have it. The band sitting 120 yards away can see it like it is in their dorm room. The potential to use this is endless, also tap into the lighting around the stadium ring and you have a light show, scores, highlights, videos like the team videos were funny when we had the Aussie’s. Hopefully some live stadium cam’s. High tech is where game atmosphere is going.

1 Like

If there was a pent up demand for the suites then why didn’t Pez finish the corner ones?

Good to have the demand, probably waiting on full share B12 to roll in. The stadium will end up being perfect for us, with suites and 45K in the end. To expend to 60K would have to be a big demand. It has shown to be plenty loud with 45K.

1 Like

I would think that it might be about his priorities and not being able to fund a couple hundred thousand dollars to build them out (while at the same time trying to raise ~$150 million in funds to build a football operations center) and all while managing a cash starved and grossly underfunded Big12 athletics program. No easy task.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was the biggest in the conference. I’m only supplying data from UH and the Clemson article.

I believe they are being completed in the project , there is construction going on within those areas

1 Like

Maybe we could use it for watch parties for big road football games and NCAA basketball tournament games.

3 Likes

That’s good to know
and it makes perfect sense.

Baylor students watched them win the 2021 NCAA Final Four on the field at McLane Stadium