TDECU Stadium Upcoming Renovations - Premium Seating Buildout

The upper decks need something (restrooms, concessions, signing…anything) they look like an abandoned construction project

17 Likes

Yep way too many stairs to climb

3 Likes

1 escalator needed which would be cool

4 Likes

The “water” on the floor is missing from that picture.

2 Likes

I dont know how to get this idea to happen and Ive tried emailing and twitter. The front facade of the third decks between the stairwells should have the names and numbers of UH Football Greats! A ring of honor. Is such a simple esthetic idea that I can’t stand understand why UH hasn’t done this. Why is the only place the names and numbers of UH greats on the outside of the stadium on some chizzled out steel boards. We need to be more proud of UH Football legacy and have the names and numbers of the greats displayed in the stadium. Maybe someone who has some sway and has the right contacts can make this idea happen. The names of Keenum, Kingler, Ware, Whitely, Oliver and many others need to have their names instead of the bare concrete facades in between stairwells.

8 Likes

I would think the bathrooms could be upgraded with AC by adding fairly inexpensive mini-split ductless units.

Escalator to the 300 level would be great. As far as concessions, do they need to permanent? How about kiosk type stands?

7 Likes

The mesh looks cheap. Our fans don’t go to games in the mesh facade when it’s hot, anyways, so if we will have an empty stadium, it might as well look nice on the outside.

4 Likes

Wish they would at least install Big Ass Fans in the restrooms.

3 Likes

I want my canopy!!! :city_sunrise: :sunny: :thermometer: :sun_with_face: :fire:

9 Likes

air condition the women’s rooms. Guys need to get in and out.

Precious memories :smiley:

Definitely the upgraded look. Previously had troughs.

Have any water fountains been installed anywhere in TDECU?

Don’t know but they have plenty of free water stations.

5 Likes

Nope

That’s good. TCU has some free water stations as well. SMU has fountains in the concourse. Of course, water fountains are old school but you need something for legal protection when it’s blistering hot and you run out of water or lines are super long. Preparing for Big 12 play.

1 Like

People disguised as empty seats?

5 Likes

The exterior suggestions are good, but merely cosmetic. The two renovations that would impact fans the most:

#1 Escalators
#2 Upgraded restrooms

4 Likes

The additions that will add to our ability to fund the program is adding more premium seats.

3 Likes

I agree with you on the premium seating. I thought adding those was a foregone conclusion.

My suggestion was aimed at making it easier and more comfortable for the average fans, who still support the program.

3 Likes

I had seats on the third deck, chair backs until last year so I understand.