TDECU Stadium Upcoming Renovations - Premium Seating Buildout

You don’t like to sweat while you poop?

7 Likes

We need some of those paper cutouts they used during COVID……order about 30k and we’ll have a full stadium.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the outdoor escalator suggestions. Doesn’t anyone recall the recurring maintenance problems in Agnes Arnold Hall before the escalators were removed? Escalators and Houston humidity don’t work well together.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have a problem with the stairs to the third level if they had restrooms and concessions up there. My problem is having to go up and down the stairs multiple times per game.

9 Likes

NRG has outdoor escalators.

5 Likes

The thing is they have the shell space up there already for restrooms and at least a beverage concession buildout but have not done it. Get it done! For a atheletics department that struggling with attendence so often tries to cater so mighlty towards the big dollar fans and completely looses focus on the everyday mid class fan. Those are the fans that fill the stadium most percentage wise. UH just seems to have everything backwards sometimes. UH fans can email and use twitter but it so hard to get administration to notice things like this. Build out the shell space on the home side with restrooms and a beverage concession stand, and please cover the bare concrete facades of the top decks between the stairways with the names and numbers of UH greats. A ring of honor. Ive emailed and tweeeted on this simple solution multiple times but of course nobody listens to me because I dont have a $1 Million+ to give.

If we do all these upgrades, we’ll be paying $20/beer.

1 Like

I think they should embrace new and fresh by installing lights inside the mesh and play all night games with a huge light show before and after each game.

2 Likes

We are already close to paying $20 a beer. Concession prices are getting out of control. They wonder why there is an attendence issue well it not just play on field. Almost $10 for a beer, $8 soda, $13 a burger. For families with kids those prices add up. They cant keep raising ticket prices and jacking up concession prices as well.

3 Likes

Circa 1930’s design especially the fan up high in the corner ! Those where the days my friends !
Go Coogs !

https://twitter.com/DavidAdt1/status/1595511404790157313?s=20&t=wdxC4E9INHzqgM7MguqZwA

3 Likes

They need some cut up limes thrown in the bottom

They have outhouses.

1 Like

Two quick upgrades:
Paint the interior “shell” red and white/U of H colors.
Ring of honor…Gotta be done ASAP

Hey recruit…think about your name up there.

3 Likes

I have been begging for this ring of honor idea and have tweeted and emailed, but I dont have the money to donte for it to happen nor access as far as contact to thos at UH who could get the Ring of Honor done. It will nicely cover up the bare concrete facades between the stairwells upper deck with somthing special that acknowledgedes the legacy of UH Football.

1 Like

Sorry if this is a duplicate…just saw that upper level seats are coming down in the west end zone and massive new video board being installed (after the 2023 season is over)

Current:

3 Likes

Anyone here excited and planning on buying tickets in the end zone club? I’m not a fan of club seating in the end zone, but might splurge.

1 Like

I am guessing they can add more club or seating in the future in top

I get what you are saying but the buildout of the extra suites was the easiest way to go, the demand is there and receives immediate return on investment.

I agree the remainder needs to be done ASAP but I don’t necessarily think this is backwards.
I hope we really expand the lodge seating. It is so inexpensive to create and we have a lot of space around the perimeter on the upper level… the amount it takes for construction of these can be paid in a short time-frame.

3 Likes