Tech Game moved to NRG

They sell the good seats and make us buy the mediocre and crappy ones. Just like a bowl game. That’s how these things work.

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t that just one big bore? Nothing exciting at all.

1 Like

Bowl games are NOT in season ticket packages !!

I have no problem moving the HOME game to NRG to make extra $$$ for the program, but if they sacrifice a true HOME game AND include it in season ticket package, then they should take care of the HOME fans !!

They can negotiate that with the Kickoff Classic folks before signing the agreement.!!!

Surely they don’t fear that the KO people would go to Rice!

1 Like

I get it. Just saying how this is going to work. It’s part of how we get the payout we do. They are going to make us buy a certain amount of tickets which will offset part of that payout.

But those tickets we buy will not be the best seats. They will sell those to others to make back some of the money from our payout.

i think vandy dropped us for ugone…would we make up a missed game with wazu?

We spent $128M on our new stadium
We need the money
We build a stadium knowing that it is not 45 F in September
We need to play at NRG
Did someone try to schedule our September games at 8pm?
It is still hot but at that time the moon is now presiding over Houston
How come Arizona does it? I was at that game. Sure it was hot but the sun was not beating down on the stadium. Check their schedules.

I grant you, this is a classic case of P5enitis vs. our poor AAC
We are starting to build a true student section.
How long did we wait for this to happen?
We need to play at NRG so our student section can be dispersed around the stadium
We need to play at NRG because our school song is not clear enough at TDECU
Does that mean every time we are offered to play at NRG we will play at NRG?

Can we at least demand that we won’t be treated like pariahs vs. our opposition?
Yes, yes and yes we need the money.
We often hear that we do not have enough support. What is our own school doing to get more support?
Why am I bringing this up? The two are intertwined.
Instead of chasing an NRG payout why don’t we put a real action plan to sell out our stadium regularly?
I have brought this up for a number of seasons. Nothing has changed in our tickets department.
We gotta go to NRG. We need the money.

3 Likes

It did?

Gee, you’d have fooled me!

I was at that game, and I thought it was a BLAST!!!

1 Like

I’ll watch the coogs wherever we play. You complainers go suck it.

7 Likes

The complainers always seem to have an excuse ready…you know the drill… it’s too hot or it’s too cold, its too sunny or its going to rain, the game starts too early or it starts too late, our opponent isn’t good enough, the stadium food isn’t good enough, the parking lot and tail-gating isn’t close enough to the stadium, the band or the air raid siren is too loud, the fans won’t stand up or they won’t sit down…

Boy wasn’t that Peach Bowl game against Florida State in Atlanta a lot of fun? Or that Ticket City Bowl game against Penn State in Dallas, or that Cotton Bowl game against Nebraska? …OK, now I’m dating myself.

5 Likes

I agree the OU game was a great experience. UH fans matched or exceeded the number of land thieves attending the game. For the Tech game, we’ll need to rally the UH fans as well. I’m sure plenty of Tech alumni in the Houston-area and plenty of fans will travel from West Texas. The WSU game year last season at NRG definitely felt like a neutral site game. UH season ticket holders did get a raw deal, we were seated in the end-zone.

But as long as I get a game ticket and NRG parking pass, I’ll be content.

1 Like

Not only in the end zone, I was right across the aisle from the tuba section!

OU and FSU games were the best two games in a row since CBY. Very highly attended games like those two are a lot of fun. Hope our game against Tech is at a prime time on a Saturday because they are a far less attractive opponent than Oklahoma.

2 Likes

Just email AD Pez and ask him to address the issue but try and not be negative since it’s prob stressful for him with this yr etc. For the Wash st game , I had tics near the 20 which matched my home game seats.

1 Like

Gang,

Because of social distancing, I seriously doubt that this game will be “highly attended” in any event, UNLESS (knock on wood) a vaccine is developed.

That said, it’ll be a P5 game against a relatively local rival on national TV with a BIG payout.

If that isn’t something to get excited about, then I dunno what would be.

And if a vaccine or effective treatment IS found by then…then by all means…LET’S PACK THE PLACE!!!

2 Likes

Mainly from our fans after the whole experience. I believe it was Monceaux who broke down all the cost comparisons on his website showing it probably wasn’t much of an additional profit for the university either instead of having it on campus. I am sure fans complaining and the school seeing the final numbers is why they negotiated more of a payout this year. We will have to wait to see all the details and if they treat us as more of a home team.

Me personally, my skin still burns thinking about that last Tech game so with that in mind, I like the decision. I wasn’t able to make the Washington St game so I have no bad feelings toward that. I would prefer all games be at TDECU but those Sept games are brutal. As long as they don’t ever move an Oct/Nov game, I wont be too upset.

1 Like

I wonder how TDECU and other stadium donors feel about it.

3 Likes

Our group for the Washington State game had tickets in the Club Level near the 45 yard line which almost matched our 50 yard line season tickets in Section 229. Seats for Oklahoma game were terrible in the corner of end zone.

1 Like

Im for it. We can certainly use the money and it will be a big spotlight for a Texas vs Texas rivalry.

We need to win this game.

2 Likes

Lol - build a new palace, schedule statewide teams that we have history with and then watch closed door meetings on how NRG gets in the mix to devalue what we built

2 Likes

Let’s see:

1. We get paid a bucketful of money
  2. We are an ESPN’s owned game guaranteeing us national publicity
  3. The building has air conditioning
  4. LSSE puts on a helluva game day show
7 Likes