Texans can't do wrong right

Unjustly? Just how bad does a coach have to be for you to think his firing is justified? If the Texans had played all season like yesterday instead of being more conservative than John Birch, Lovie may have not been fired.

IMHO, neither Culley nor Smith should have been hired in the first place. They were just placeholders.

1 Like

Did you have to go with the John Birch reference? SMH

He had only been here a year and the team looked much better the final quarter of the season minus the Jacksonville game. He deserved another year with a roster that is sure to get better through the draft and free agency.

1 Like

Well, that’s the most conservative guy I could think of, and I am sure he’s been dead since before I was born. If just the mention of a dead guy offends you you may want to think about that.

Come to think of it, I just pulled that name out as a conservative, but since he was killed in WWII as a young man, I really don’t know how conservative he was or why they named a society after him.

Yep. They actually were playing fairly competitive football for the last 4 or 5 games with the lone exception being the Jacksonville game. The love child of Vince Lombardi and Don Shula wouldn’t win with this roster.

People understate the damage Bill O’Brien did to this roster. Bad trades. Bad contracts. Bad extensions. We will finally be out of dead cap hell this off season. It will be interesting to see what Casserio does without those handcuffs.

2 Likes

i just dont think this is the disaster that everyone seems to be complaining about
this regime needs the get the new coaching staff right if this franchise is going to be a player.

1 Like

How many gms did you expect them to Win w that Roster. The last few gms they were very competitive. Took Dallas a last possession to pull out a W. Trying remember other gm but i believe it was S. Fran that they took to the end.
Yes, imo Lovie was just a placeholder for the year but still doesn’t make it right on how it was done.

1 Like

He had no business getting the job in the first place. You don’t keep a guy who is already a terrible coach longer because he didn’t get enough time to continue to be terrible.

The second game was Kansas City.

1 Like

You want Lovie Smith facts?
Here they are.

I will write it again Mr. Lovie Smith is a very DC. Furthermore how many HC coached in the Super Bowl and did not do well after it? I stopped counting. Really I do not blame Mr. Smith. The Texans ownership is all about collecting media money. They could care less about their fans. You do not lose that many seasons by caring for your fans. There are plenty of nfl franchises that hit rock bottom and shot right back up. The Texans never did and show no signs of doing so. Anybody defending the Texans brass is either on medication or does not know who the Texans are.
The Texans should have a new logo representing their ownership.

1 Like

That guy does look a lot like Cal. You can’t fire the owner (in this case the owner’s son), but he can clean house and hire a competent GM, HC, and staff.

Yes ty.

I loved the Oilers and miss them when a new nfl season starts. The Texans have shown that they could care less of their season ticket holders.

Sports talk radio laid the blame on Casserio for the lost of the #1 draft pick. According to their opinion, Nick C. should have fired Lovey Smith last week and let an interim coach manage the last game.
Communicate to the interim coach not to play certain players.

Hard to feel sorry for Culley or Smith. They were well compensated for their service. The problem with the Texans has always been the front office. A well managed organization starts at the top. Unfortunately, the Texans have become the poster child for a poorly managed organization.

4 Likes

The words “well managed organization” and “Houston Texans” should never be used in the same sentence. :wink:

If you think I’m offended, well
.keep thinking, I guess.

With all of the conservative play callers to choose from, it’s just unnecessary to go down the political route by using a group that actively and loudly fought against civil rights.

Birch himself wasn’t necessarily a problem, but the society that uses his name is politically and racially charged.

But you knew all that, I’m sure.

I really don’t know anything about the John Birch society except when I was in school in the 50s it was popular in Louisiana and was conservative and backed Goldwater. It just popped into my head. You give me too much credit for knowing about different groups. I do know the KKK is the racist, anti Semitic, blight on the face of America. But, I really don’t get into racial things like some people do, but I don’t have my antennas out looking for stuff like that.

The Texans front office has been so successful over the past several years, so have faith in them . . . . . czarchasm . . . . .

Smith was hired because the Texans had to hire a black guy or get sued by Flores
Smith was never the Texans 1st choice