Texans...lol

Hate to say it to Texans fans, but Watt and Watson will never win or get to the Superbowl as long as Obrien is coach.

And that is Sad.

7 Likes

The city should buy the Oiler name back.

7 Likes

Would she sell, though…Buds Daughter that is??!

2 Likes

" Houston Texans: Left tackle

I don’t think this team is going to be all that competitive this season, and **I fear greatly for the health of potential franchise QB **Deshaun Watson. They whiffed, badly, on getting Andre Dillard in the draft and, sure, maybe they can use Jadeveon Clowney as a trade chip to land some upgrades on the offensive line, but will it be enough to finally keep Watson healthy? Add in their running back woes and it might be difficult to stay as balanced as they’d like. Trading Duane Brown was a massive mistake that keeps haunting them."

Can’t agree on the “don’t think this team is going to be all that competitive this season”. With Luck gone…8-8 (maybe 7-9) could that take the AFC South.

Oilers > Texans

Edit: The Oilers were a free wheeling, balz out often headcase team, but they were a wild, frustrating and exciting ride. The Texans are a corporate 21st century focus group tested incarnation of a football team. Year end and year out: boring

13 Likes

Gamblers > Texans.

6 Likes

Come on guys this is just pre-season. Keep your chin up, this Texans team has the weapons to be an 8-8 or 9-7 team and lose in the first round of playoffs by a couple of touchdowns.

Dedicated to excellence!!!

7 Likes

I think the problem with the Texans is that they have too much fan support. When the fans would alway buy tickets to see them play no matter what, winning or losing, and all their merchandises are always selling like hot cakes there is no motivation for the owner to put a quality product for the fans. The Patriots used to have one of the worst fans support in the NFL and the team used to play in one of the most empty home stadiums in the NFL until the team started winning on a regular basis, especially after it has won its first Superbowl. The same is true for the Indianapolis Colts. The Texans have the opposite problem as the Coogs and until the fans stop watching their games and stop buying their products until the owner gives them a reason to support the team they would always suck!

1 Like

Man, this city used to say…if you don’t respect us, we will hit you by not showing up…that’s how they treated the Oilers. 6 years of no football, now they are scared to say anything…

4 Likes

SF is running backs rich. JW, Jr. had nagging injuries early on so might not make the 49’ers final roster, but he’s healthy now & will make some NFL team. Check him out, Texans!

They cursed their franchise picking that hideous, nondescript mascot. I know McNair wanted to undermine the Cowboy’s claim to the state but “The Texans”?

And now Vince McMahon covers them by picking those same boring colors for his franchise.

To be geniuses these billionnaires all market milktoast. Its tedious “brand terror”.

It has never sat well with me that the Oiler’s Bud Adams offered to split the new stadium 50/50 with the city. Houstonian’s told him ‘no’.

After the Oilers packed up and left, Houstonians voted to pay 100% of the new stadium to a new billionaire with no history of success. The logic of that never made sense to me.

But what everyone is saying here is correct. Some franchises strive to win championships. The Texans strive to maximize profit, and they have found a city eager to hand over their money, year after year, with no expectation of accountability or return on investment.

7 Likes

Not only that, we built the Astros a new stadium after the Astrodome renovations!

2 Likes

I’m sure she would if the price was right.

1 Like

second that.

the Astros and rockets will do what it takes to be competitive even if it doesn’t work like Dwight howard did not; they still went for it.

if the Texans make the playoff, they need to send a dozen roses to luck for retiring; they were not making it before that and may still not.

3 Likes

Why are we wasting bandwidth on a non-Cougar team, player or former player? Let’s be done with this thread.

1 Like

Really had no choice, the Dome had outlived its life as a baseball stadium

But we’d never have approved it if the Oilers didn’t leave town!

A Football Life doc on the Oilers made the point that had they won the Chiefs playoff game, they likely would have gotten a new stadium and stayed in Houston.

4 Likes

I believe that…I always thought that was the case. Joe Montana…got the Coogs…and helped finish the Oilers. Hey at least we beat them on Christmas day when he played for the 49ers 10 - 7…sorry Steve Young QB that game…