Texans...lol

If hadn’t built The Juice Box the Astros would have left…and i loved the Dome but MM is light years better for baseball…ambience, location, et all

Pro sports is beyond being big business. Cities have a flexible “premium” they pay for the privilege of leasing a pro sports franchise. Within that metric is the possibility that one day you’ll be held over a barrel.

Cities know this and every so often a generation of fans has to assess the costs and make the decision. Personally, I wish mine had paid up and kept the Oilers. I loved that team.

Of course I was a student in those days and didn’t have skin in the game. Had the Astros left I would have moved to Cuba and started a sugar cane business in partnership with Fidel. Don’t ### with my Astros!

1 Like

Presuming the Texans fall flat on their faces once again this year, maybe their management will finally figure out the problem, and not fire the wrong people; get rid of Bill O’Brien. He’s the problem.

3 Likes

I remember that game very well. I believe the rockets beat the Charles Barkley Suns that day too.

1 Like

I hope when they do fire him they will finally build the organization the right way by hiring a GM and letting him pick the coach to carry out his plan. This shit they have been doing where the coach blames the GM and the GM blames the coach for draft mistakes is beyond dumb.

1 Like

Yes 2 wins on Christmas Day…beautiful!

I’m done with this organization

thank god for college football

1 Like

Understood he was gone as a free agent after this season but this return is underwhelming.

Martin - no starts, 9 tackles.
From Temple.
Mingo a huge bust for the Browns. (6th overall pick)
Better for Seahawks but just a role player.
3d round pick.

2 Likes

It’s a joke organization. Terrible return. They needed an O-lineman and running back and got two defensive players

3 Likes

Would you expect anything else from that garbage organization ?

3 Likes

Shady McCoy got cut today. Sucked last year but Bills OL/Passing game was rancid.

Texans should take a long look,

Bill Obrien, folks…he will never get it right!

2 Likes

BOB negotiated a steal— for Seattle; what a dufus.

3 Likes

Clowney was a flop … in the years here he never amounted to very much … one injury after another …

He is Seattle’s problem/flop now … good riddance …

I suspect Cal McNair was behind the trade … not ole B’ooBy

1 Like

We gave Duane Brown to the Seahawks as well.

1 Like

this is a ridiculous take

2 Likes

He wasn’t worth the type of rich contract he was seeking but he hasn’t been hurt in three years and he’s been a solid player for the Texans. He had a few bone headed plays but nevertheless a solid player.

2 Likes

My condolences TO ALL THE CLOWNEY fans …

However …

I am not with sympathy … hope this will help

But if not then …

1 Like

clowney for a 3rd round and no lineman ?

well, if you wanted your a verdict on the mgt under cal mcnair; i’d say this caps it after the GM debacle and the Texans firm their position as a mediocre franchise under Cal.

I bet jj wat is wishing he did what clowney did when he had the chance.

1 Like

Not a Texans or Clowney fan but to say he’s a flop after being All-Pro …yeah ok, pass me some of that ‘shine Ol’ Davy

3 Likes