Texans...lol

Looks like they made some more moves. Laremy Tunsil fills a big need.

2 Likes

In fairness, the NFL trade market is notoriously ungenerous.

Better tell the sound guy at NRG to not play Jay Z.

1 Like

…but for two first round picks and a second??

That’s what we should have got for Clowney

1 Like

Today looks like what a GM does if they failed to fill any of their needs during the actual offseason :rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if all the pro teams left Houston. Indebted cities/taxpayers shouldn’t be paying for billionaires to have a stadium. I haven’t checked in a couple of years, but I think we are still paying for the Astrodome improvements Bud Adams demanded.

I’ve never been to a Texans game and haven’t been to a Rockets game since they moved to Toyota Center.

Will LA be willing to trade teams: we can have San Diego’s original team and they can have the franchise the NFL wanted to give them.

Agreed

I think the city uses hotel tax to pay for our stadiums. I thought heard that somewhere. Meaning, people from out of town are the ones who actually footed the bill. I could be wrong on that though.

1 Like

That’s what they say, but as always dollars are fungible. A dollar spent on a hotel tax is the same as a dollar spent on a sewer tax. It’s not like if the hotel tax revenue goes down for a quarter they’re going to not pay the bills for the stadiums. Also, it’s the county, not the city, so if you pay a tax of any kind in the county, it might as well be partially going toward stadiums.

I know part of the hotel taxes pay for it, but don’t know if the hotel tax covers all of it. But don’t think the hotel tax doesn’t cost us anything. It is the highest in the country and undoubtedly has a negative impact on tourism.

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: this post didn’t aged well :smiley:

What a mess the Texans are

1 Like

" The trade caps off a crazy day for the Texans, who have made four deals even though they don’t even have a general manager. The Texans’ first trade on Saturday came when they sent Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle. Houston then followed that up just hours later when they acquired Carlos Hyde from the Chiefs. The Texans also acquired cornerback Keion Crossen from the Patriots."

" One oddity of the trade is that the Texans didn’t work out a long term deal with Tunsil, which means he could bolt Houston when his contract expires after the 2020 season. If that happens, the Texans would have given up multiple first-round picks and gotten just two years of Tunsil in return."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/31/houston-texans-laremy-tunsil-kenny-stills-jadeveon-clowney-bill-obrien
" they dealt Jadeveon Clowney, a former No. 1 overall pick, one of the four players over the past three seasons with 20 or more sacks and 50 or more tackles for a loss, in exchange for a pair of role players and a third-round pick because they did not want to sign him to a top-of-market extension."

2 Likes

No need for limos at NRG…lots and lots of Clown Cars for rent…

2 Likes

What would be funny is if the Texans actually won the Super Bowl this year. We would have a lot of crow to eat. Haha

3 Likes

Clowney is on a franchise tag, is my understanding, and a long term contract can’t be negotiated until next year. I believe the Texans can negotiate with Tunsil right away.

1 Like

Idiotic take.

“If you thought the Texans got fleeced yesterday, you haven’t heard the whole story.”

Comments are great on this one.

3 Likes

Perfekt…

2 Likes