Ticket Count: Lamar

I don’t see it so much as complaining, rather as passion. Everyone is raising their game so to speak. I don’t see it as a black and white, either/or proposition. I can be happy as heck at the current state of things (and believe me I am!) AND still constructively criticize. We can’t be complacent and happy about a 3/4 full stadium for a championship calibre team.

You are right, culture change is slow, but it is happening. And we had a lost generation from 1992 - 2003. That’s a huge gap to repair.

That being said I think we sell another 1500 - 2K and the rest will open to students = Full house. Pray10 also makes a good point. No more FCS for us. Likewise, think what it will be like when we have 4 Oklahoma type games a year when we ascend!

If our fans expect UH to become a P-5 football program, then we need to regularly fill up our 40K seat stadium (this year) for a Top 10 ranked team.

Our fan-base needs to go 1-0 each and every (home game) week; and I think we will!

3 Likes

At the beginning of the year, I was given a goal at work that most of us in my group thought impossible. We met it by July.

Coach Tom Herman challenged his players to play beyond what they believed their capabilities were, and they did. The challenge has been upped for the fans…do we meet and exceed the challenge, or curl up and cry about it?

If we don’t challenge ourselves beyond our expectations, we don’t grow or we limit our growth. I, for one, am a Coog and I accept Herman’s challenge. Hope all of you choose to join!

3 Likes

Coog, I know where you coming from. But at the end of the day, we’re all hoping to join one of the Power 5 conferences. UH has been winning, building state of the art sport facilities, and campus life is sooo much better than it was even 10 years ago. The campus has gotten bigger also. UH has been smart on hiring good coaches like Herman and Sampson.

Now, if UH can carry that momentum of beating Oklahoma into the stands, that would be awesome. No excuse why a football power in a major city like Houston shouldn’t be for example in the Big 12. No one whether it’s a Power 5 conference, rival fan, or even a top recruit should doubt that University of Houston is a great sports and educational establishment.

1 Like

Being a native Houstonian I know what the entertainment oppositions are. In the fall, it is UH and then whatever I may be interested in second. It is a culture in my house that has existed since the days Art and Mike and the transistor radio.

2 Likes

I went ahead and bought a pair of GA tickets to Saturday’s game on the special, trying to help with a sellout and plan to get two more butts in the seats.

3 Likes

That’s because they were not !

I have friends who buy extra Season Tickets to help out and bring whoever they can. I too bought 4 GA tix beyond my seat for the Lamar game and will find somebody to use them! Hopefully we have a FULL house Saturday morn!

1 Like

UH makes it impossible to get an accurate count even if you go to all three maps (season ticket, mini plan, and single game). They hold back tickets for potential group sales and to steer the purchases to the center.

Its not very likely that section 314 would be half sold in the manner its showing:

Remember, UH built this stadium ‘on spec’ in that we didn’t have the season ticket base to support it before we built it. We were still very much dependent on single game sales to sell out Robertson’s 30k or so seats and we added 10K+ more to that.

Going into the season and based on season ticket sales attendance should be at least 7.5K better this year on the low end games like this. Our worst game vs SMU last year had just 25K thus our worst this year should be 32.5K. That was before the OU win though.

If there are ONLY 5K tickets left that means UH has bumped up 2.5k above already elevated expectations.

Of course we should be hammering the point to everybody that attendance needs to be better and we all need to get to the game. Of course.

Still, this game will likely do better in ticket sales than last years AAC Championship game. Puts it into perspective doesn’t it?

But still, bang the drums to get all you know on board!

4 Likes

Just as a friendly reminder to everyone, last year’s SMU game was on a Thursday evening and competed in Houston with a Texans home game against the Colts and an Astros playoff game. Clearly some of you will disagree with this, but all things considered, I think 25k for SMU last year was pretty good. I was there for the UH game and the crowd that was there was into the game.

This Saturday:

Astros play at home at noon.
Aggies play at home at 11 AM

This is our competition.

1 Like

We should be good then. We will sell out l, it will be a packed house. Done

We have to set higher expectations of ourselves. Let’s expect to have sell out crowds. If anyone tells you they’re not going, ask them why would they not. Everyone is!

Any guesses on how many Lamar fans show up, I’d think around 1500. They had 9000 for their home opener 90 miles away last week.

263,000 living Alumni of UH. 64% live in greater Houston. That’s 168k. Filling a 40k stadium for a Top 10 team should be doable. Herman is trying to change the culture of the fans just like he changed the culture of the team

THIS… Coach Herman has changed the culture of the team, and has changed the overall quality of our football program in 2 seasons.

We should expect more as a fanbase. We should expect more from ourselves and each other. I have spent the past 2 days harassing all of my friends through Facebook messenger about the game. I’ve convinced 8 of my co-workers to buy season tickets. Text messaged a buddy who not only bought tickets for the game, but went ahead and bought a season ticket.

WE can do more, and we should. It’s time to go 1-0 as a fanbase. Expect more… give more.
Do it for the players on the field. Do it for the coaches. Do it for the guy sitting next to you.

3 Likes

Don’t know, but looking at ticket master (if we can trust) the available seats in the 300 sections on the North side seem to be less that the available seats in the 300’s on the South side. This might be a good trip for them.

Ticket Count of available tickets = 2459

Again, can’t see mini-plan tickets, but there can’t be more than a few hundred based off the selection that they give you.

• Season tickets down to 102 left, down 124
  • Single game tickets down to 2,357 left, down 117
  • GA tickets dropped by 203
  • 102 tickets added to Section 327 and 41 tickets to Section 331
2 Likes

WE’RE GETTING THERE!!!

didn’t someone cancel a gm scheduled with us, which is where Lamar came into play. I DO KNOW as you mentioned this is last gm sch’d with FCS foe.