Tom Herman

The wash is his departure. So you still cherish the sweater your ex-wife gave you right before she dumped you? No, Vermin took way more than he gave…period. Oh, and she took only the kids she wanted and left you the rest.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I cherish that NY6 win

I wouldn’t take her back… but that sweater ain’t washed out

You do remember that CDH also left us for a similar job with a P5 program- does your same logic apply?

He didn’t leave for a HC promotion.

1 Like

I really wanted to let this go, but I draw the line at accusing UT and its alumni of racism. The only people who thought The Eyes of Texas had racist roots were Critical Race Theory professors that wanted to incite chaos. Literally no one sings The Eyes with any hint of racism. Herman was fired because he failed to lead his team through a tough time, and fanned the flames of the divide. This culminated with Sam Ehlinger singing The Eyes alone after the UT-OU loss. Herman was dead man walking after that as all coaches had been told that teams would be present for The Eyes but didn’t have to sing or put their Horns up.

Sark, who has a black wife, quelled the controversy and brought a peaceful culture back to UT that Herman destroyed. Their is zero controversy with The Eyes these days, and their was zero reason to cancel the school song to capitulate to an absurd woke cancel culture with an insidious agenda.

7 Likes

UH lost to UConn when UH had 2 injured QBs. He did not have the time to have depth to handle that situation.

Herman raised UH football to its highest point in this century. To not hire him was a terrible decision. It’s as though the administration does not want a winning program.

Dana is Mr. Mediocre. He could not beat a 5-6 Tulsa team after 4 years to build depth and with 4 NFL draftees on his team.

UH’s problem now is that horrible contract. UH will just be mediocre for several more years. The AD should be fired.

1 Like

Nothing wins over players like telling them their opinions don’t matter.
No time for grievances, UT donors are paying you players to shut up and ball.

4 Likes

lol enjoy your copium and delusion, my dude. Didn’t realize one could fit so many dog whistles in one post but great job, you got all the “totally not racist” greatest hits in there. I’m impressed.

3 Likes

Come on now man.

It’s well known that that song was debuted at UT in an on-campus Blackface Minstrel show, and that its melody was derived from a song that was likewise performed in blackface minstrel shows and which, in its original lyrics, contained the N-word.

That song has a VERY racially offensive past.

It should not have been retained.

7 Likes

Did you go to ut?

1 Like

You are trying to apply standards of 2020 and apply them to occurrences and speculation of things that occurred in 1917…a typical tactic of cancel culture. The bottom line is what the song stands for now, and it stands for nothing but unity and togetherness and pride in the school. Y’all will always hate UT above all others, and that’s fine. I just draw the line at accusations of racism of the fan base and UT giving in to racists. It’s absurd. If y’all want to look for racism, head over to college station.

2 Likes

I’m open about holding a degree from UH and a degree from UT.

Get serious now.

Are you truly yelling me that a relic from blackface minstrel shows should be retained?

Good God in Heaven.

You’re OK with a song from THIS???

2 Likes

Neither I nor you have all the facts, especially since this took place in 1917. The argument was studied by a broad group, and the decision was made. It’s staying. If y’all want to tell yourselves that’s because UT and Sark cowered to racist donors, I’m simply here to state that you are mistaken.

There’s NO dispute that the song was debuted in a minstrel show and derived from a song that originally contained the N-word.

If you’re truly ok with keeping such a song, then I truly don’t know what to say.

Very bad look on you.

4 Likes

The song actually debuted in 1903. The s answer is that the song had no racial intent. Personally I think we’d have to cancel everything in our history if we cancel anything with any hint of racial undertones from things over 100 years old… It’s important to acknowledge our history and do better as a society. If you want to believe that makes me a bad person, fine. I know who I am and what I stand for. Have a good night.

1 Like

Texas fired Herman for number of reasons. Eyes of texas was a factor (ehlinger only one singing it at OU game), but off the field stuff such as his drinking (they called him vodka Tom rumors of cocaine), recruiting wasn’t where it needed to be (losing 5 star legacy offensive lineman) and team wasn’t improving under Herman.

Weren’t there also rumors about his lifestyle and alleged affair with a prominent jewelry/fashion designer based in Austin who was a booster as well?

Exactly. Rumor this was all covered up if Herman didn’t fight texas on his contracts buyout. He got a small portion of it.

Did you read that article?

It ACKNOWLEDGES that the song was debuted in a blackface minstrel show.

How can you say that a song sung in a minstrel show, a patently racist theater form, WASN’T sung with racist intent?

The whole “intent” of a minstrel show was to make fun of black people.

I’d sure like to hear your theory on that one.

4 Likes