Tom Herman

I think every UH fan wants him to win. That’s a given. Like you said, he wants to stay here, so that would be the bonus.

3 Likes

You’re right. You know, I don’t remember Coach Yeoman being a marketing hound like LTH either. The only time I remember seeing him on TV or hearing him on radio was on his weekly show during season, while being interviewed by a local sportscaster, or on the sidelines of a televised game.

5 Likes

Among other issues, there was heat between AD Del Conte and CTH for the way CTH handled the Eyes of Texas. Del Conte wanted the team to stand together on the field after the game as a show of unity. CTH communicated that to the team :“if they were comfortable”. The net effect of that messaging was that some players headed to the locker room and CTH appeared to undercut Del Conte’s messaging and the controversy simmered.

I do not think that is a given.

I think every UH fan wants to win.

4 Likes

Sure we all want CDH to be the next coming of Nick Saban. Why would we not.

CDH is closer to Dana Dimel than Nick Saban lol.

3 Likes

I hope I am wrong, but I have come to believe that there are some on this board who , if they are honest, would rather see CDH fail so they can be ‘right’.

5 Likes

Nah, they just want the coogs to win.

8 Likes

Correct, we want the Coogs to win…we ALL want them to win and play on the largest scale.

If CDH wins, we should all be happy to be wrong.

The issue is if we can trust this coach to win and if we are spinning our wheels, are we purposely making ourselves irrelevant because of our selfish pride?

1 Like

I think Holgerson will try the hardest he can to win. It was good enough for West Virginia for a bit. He’s finally getting better talent all around. I think he comes through.

3 Likes

this is my thinking as well. he’s was a “successful coach” in West Virginia and he’s now smack dab in the middle of the best recruiting grounds in the country at the helm of a P5 program.

its now or never.

1 Like

I think you are right.

1 Like

It’s hard to believe that we have a Herman thread with over 100 replies.

I might be inclined to believe this about the half and half fans, who have a loyalty to another school as well (since we have several of those) but not the true Coog fans. We just to win games. If Dana’s the guy, cool. But if not, when the time is right, let’s keep searching for him.

Dimel was bad. I was at those games. Man guy were not even trying. When Dimel openly laughed at UH and would not bring in local talent. I was perplexed.

1 Like

Not a Dimel fan but he recruited local, Helton had destroyed local contacts and Dimel tried to repair that damage. Also not sure when he laughed at UH. One thing I will say for Dimel is he never came across as an ego guy.

1 Like

Dimel recruited local, but too many of his recruits never made it into school. 2 and 3 star recruits that ended up in juco did us no good.

2 Likes

Hey, guys Mumphish sucks. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Well, I’ve read several comments that have nothing to do with LTH. LOL

1 Like