TV Series

I really liked Ozark….biggest issue was how long the wait in between seasons was….but if you came to it late and watched them all at one time it was probably amazing.

1 Like

Foundation is pretty good sci-fi, The Silo is slowing way down. I dislike the leather jacket guy. Terrible actor or just poorly written?

1 Like

The outer range was excellent as well. I can’t wait for season 2. I started watching Mrs. Davis on peacock today. Has anyone else watched this show? I’m only two episodes in but they have been really good. It has to do with A.I.

2 Likes

This will probably be unpopular, but the new Star Trek shows are terrible. Picard in particular is so heavy handed preachy, that I didn’t even finish it. Same with Strange new Worlds. These new shows must be geared to millennials. Most of the characters are weak, whiney, self doubters, how the heck did they even make it into Star Fleet? I guess, they don’t want to seem “colonial” like the the original series.

I hate CGI, twenty-somethings, and fantasy. That cuts out about 99.9% of all series for me. I spend my valuable time things that are more compelling:

1 Like

The Silo finale is shaping up to be pretty good.

1 Like

Well crap. The Silo finale was anything but. Just a damn cliff hanger with no questions answered. I guess I’ll just read the books while I wait for the second season.

I bailed after five episodes….

Jack Ryan last season starts today on Amazon.

2 Likes

Dammit, another weekly? I guess I’ll wait till I can binge.

You get two episodes this week, two next week and the final two a week later….so not bad.

Slow Horses on Apple+ Brit spy series but that description doesn’t do it justice.

Gary Oldman is just terrific, as always. Two seasons (6 episodes each) with a third in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Longmire
Blacklist
Fauda
The Diplomat
Better Can Saul
Justified
Suits

Yeah, it’s an excellent show. Oldman is fantastic.

1 Like

I’ll have to check out Fauda. I watched both seasons of Tehran and thought it was great—kind of an Israeli version of Homeland.

1 Like

Have to watch it with subtitles, its like they are speaking another language with those heavy British accents.

I just finished the first season of Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. Selena Gomez is just kind of there, but Steve Martin and Martin Short are hilarious. Plus the 30 min episodes breeze on by.

1 Like

Looks like Season 4 of The Boys will be delayed because of the strike. While this series definitely isn’t for everyone, Antony Starr’s portrayal of a Superman gone very wrong is worthy of major awards and Jensen Ackles’ Soldier Boy killed me.

One of my favorites.

Season 3 comes out in august.

1 Like

A six episode season should be against the law.

Seasons are 13 weeks.

It’s false advertising. We should sue for more episodes.

2 Likes

Season 2 of Domina (the mistress of a Roman house, in this case Livia Drusilla, the wife of Augustus) was released a week ago. If you like historical drama, you’ll probably like it. It’s on Prime/MGM+

1 Like