Ugly wins

There was one thing I HATED about this game…

I was working while watching it so I couldn’t concentrate on the game 100%… That’s probably how I missed the poor performance in the 2nd half… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Original poster says ugly winning and here I am utterly elated how we blew up Virginia and Butler in less than a week. Waiting to see how good winning with this team looks like.

8 Likes

2nd Half was sloppy… big deal. CKS always says just bc you up big at HT, doesn’t mean you’re going to double the score the 2nd Half. Doesn’t work that way. I guess Baylor got chewed out after the beat us in FF, bc at the Half they were up 20 n didn’t win by 40??. :flushed:

1 Like

My favorite thing about this game: Fabian sunk 3 from behind the arc and finished with 21 points!
The first two baskets of the game came from Fabian White 3 point shots!!!
Nothing ugly about that.

8 Likes

So if @CougarM took the under and gave the points, he’s a happy camper.

This thread should morph into a gambling discussion…like how in the world did the total get placed at 123 and the final totals equaled 122. Mystifying.

1 Like

Just wait until we lose a game. (And we will. The last team to go undefeated was what, 45 years ago?) Some of these experts will lose their chit.

2 Likes

CKS must’ve had action on the game…

Alright, Elvin… You’re in…

Damn it Robbie miss that…

:grin:

1 Like

Is Virginia or Butler actually good?:thinking:

I’m happy to be 4-0. But Butler probably isn’t a tourney team this year. Virginia, probably a lower seed, 7-10 range.

One of the announcers, I think it was Bilas, definitely said it’s hard to recover from losing Deeky, Grimes and… BROOKS!!!

1 Like

Definitely an elite program and a good program…

I’m sorry I have high standards for this team. Shame on me!

Can we at least get to the Big 12 before we get this arrogant :joy:

4 Likes

Me too… I just think they met my expectations in the last 2 games.

2 Likes

Its too early to know just how good some of these teams are. The Big East might be the best league in the country this year and could conceivably put in 7-8 teams. Butler will have a lot of opportunities to get quality wins.

1 Like

Are they unrealistic expectations is the question. They are doing what is expected…Winning. It’s not like they are projected to be Gonzaga elite, UCLA, Duke. So far w all the roster changes they look solid imo.

1 Like

Really? Other than 6-8 minute lull we played a pretty good game. 18 point win is good in my book.

1 Like

Look this program has come along way. Always happy for a win.

The Baylor game last year, woke me up. To be honest.

Our style of play, defense and rebounding has been very successful.

But can you beat a loaded/talented team, that’s shooting well, like how Baylor shot against us last season?

That’s the question for this season.

We’ll find out against Alabama, Memphis. That are on our skill level. Unfortunately our league won’t test us like other leagues do.

But with this roster. Yes, I’ll try to enjoy the journey of this season, game by game

2 Likes

Shame they couldn’t go to Maui. Teams are not allowed to go to same MTE Tourney but every 4 yrs so…

It’s already been pointed out in this thread but we shot 51% from the floor and at least 4/5 misses were caused by body blows with no whistles.

Shooting 51% from the floor with our defense will win 99% of games.

2 Likes

Yeah…I thought we should have won 128-0.

CKS gotta go !

8 Likes