Ugly wins

Hawaii is a political mess

1 Like

Ok.

2 Likes

Never said that.

I just think we have too much talent to play in the 60s.

I used to think, well maybe it is poor shooting by our guards.

But this year with Sasser and Edwards, who can both shoot. Fabian who’s got a nice lost post game.

Maybe it’s our offensive sets?

Everyone played great defensively…And offensively as well…Sasser only took 7 shots but hit 4 of them…he looked fatigued at one point in the second half and had a few turnovers but he played good…other than that Chaney played with a lot of heart but he is obviously injured…Fabian played great…Taz was very active trying to fit in to a new system as well as Edwards…you guys need to be patient and just have fun watching Sampson meld this team with a lot of new working parts…it’s like watching mad science and the development of a bad a$$ machine…that said…Sasser goes off for 25 tomorrow

2 Likes

Exactly. That was a swipe at pearland for always being so negative during football games.

Could Baylor have beaten us if we were shooting well?

Moore is a highlight reel !!

Last years team, against good teams we usually played in the 60s.(the Memphis games)

Butler had 30 points at the 10 minute mark of the second half.

I take no criticism of this team seriously if you can’t include that dazzling fun fact in the analysis.

2 Likes

Taylor-Joy ugly

1 Like

I can’t believe some of y’all have watched college basketball for this long and still overreact that much to runs by opposing teams. They were going to go on a run that’s what college basketball is, it got down to 12 than quickly back up to 20. That’s not ugly…….that’s college basketball.

We won by 18 points and held the team to 52 points on 37% FG. We won the offensive Reb battle, TO battle, assist battle, steals battle, more points in the paint, more points off TO, and shot 52% from the field. How in the world can you possible call that an ugly win. :joy:

UH fans just always need something to overreact to and complain about. We calling blowout wins ugly wins now.

3 Likes

Butler ain’t good.

This is Coog ball. We aren’t going to have two gunners scoring 55 points every night. One night the team scores 80, another 65.

But our games are not won on offense.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the question.

The answer is that last year’s team absolutely would have beaten Baylor IF we had shot the ball well. Grimes, Jarreau, White and Mark all had a terrible shooting game.

You’re looking for a problem that doesn’t exist. We play close games against good teams because they’re good, too. With the level of effort that goes into playing defense and rebounding, there are going to be times where the offense struggles against good teams. It’s not the offensive sets - it’s competitive basketball.

This team looks fantastic, even for a team that had been together for a year. When you consider how limited their floor time is, they have played incredible basketball.

2 Likes

This is the goofiest thing I ever heard :joy:

4 games in and we’re playing defense like a Nolan Richardson tourney team.

1 Like

And we blow them out……

1 Like

Sure.

If a team is shooting well, can we match them?

Gonzaga vs UCLA, last year, both teams shot the ball really well.

Can we win still if a team is shooting 40-50%?

1 Like

This isn’t a regular season game. We’re trying to win a tournament 2 time zones from Houston. Not beat Butler by 40.

3 Likes

I was addressing the author of this thread referring to the game as an ugly win.

IMO, the game wasn’t an ugly win.