Ugly wins

Guys. We shot 61% from 2 and 32% from 3. For reference…Gonzaga is currently the top shooting team in the country and they shoot 64% from 2. Relax.

Worst post of the season so far.

Team was great. If you expect a finished product then guess you will never enjoy the ride.
We dominated both ends and showed just how deep this team is.
Definitely some coachable moments but a suffocating defense and multiple scorers with great passing.
It is more difficult to play up 21 against a team who felt embarrassed at the half.
I am glad they came out playing us tougher the 2nd half so we can coach the mistakes and keep our edge.

12 Likes

Can I get that framed?

“Worst post of the season”

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s a long season. I’m sure we can do much worse.

11 Likes

Every game produces a “worst post of the season”

1 Like

We had a 5-7 minute “meh” spell in the early part of the second half where we lost focus and the plot for a little bit. Coach got their minds right real quick and we pushed the lead back up to 20 in a jiffy. Other than that we essentially shut it down for the night right thereafter. 3 games in 3 days. Marathon not a sprint.

We’ll eventually put 2 halves together like the first half tonight and when we do… whooo boy.

1 Like

Anyone saw Wisconsin play this year to give us a preview?

We did last year when Memphis shot 47% and we still won :joy: also your logic is so extremely flawed. Teams shoot bad vs us because we have one of the best defenses in the country. Like “if a team takes away our best asset and makes a lot of shots can we still win?” What kinda question is that :joy:

Not really many complaining tonight. You make the post seem like all Coog fans complaining w dominating Win. Only couple at most.

I’m still thinking about that block by Taze. That dude can ball.

1 Like

It’s called winning in a variety of ways

Let’s see vs Alabama.

Contrasting styles. If we go there and force them to play our pace, then I’ll come on here and apologize for my stupidity

Everyone plays at our pace, because we force them to.

1 Like

This thread deserves a:

or

He said so

super basic preview… 7foot post scores in the middle,who can pass… surrounded by 4 “shooters”…i put the word shooters in the quotes becuase they havent shot the ball well this year… but despite the poor stats are good shooters

not very athletic, but good defense based on being 7foot in the post.and good team d (smart with the doubles)

1 Like

i think Butler is still a D1 school lol

Butler projected by KenPom at having a 14-16 record.

They played us even in the 2nd half. Shame on me for slight critics

I don’t know, guy. A team that has four new starters from last year’s rotation who are only in their 4th game together let a team get it to a 12 point margin in the second half.

If that is considered ugly, then I certainly don’t want to know what your standards are for women. Is Kate Upton a real hog because she carries an extra 15 pounds?

Seriously, an 18 point win on a neutral site is what I consider damn good basketball.

1 Like

What is this argument? They were competitive for part of the game, so that means we’re not very good?

You can’t just throw out the part where we completely dominated them and point to the part of the game where things went their way for a bit.

We beat Baylor by 6 points in the second half in the FF last year. Did that mean that Baylor sucked?

6 Likes

We only outscored Rice by 4 in 2nd half…Uhh ohh. Geez. CKS in his post-game comments said it was a solid win. I’ll go with that. As he said on to tomorrow.

Edit: he also said what he has mentioned many t8mes b4. " you don’t take a 20 pt lead and go to 40"

Now. Show us what KenPom is projecting Houston to do.

7 Likes