UH Baseball 2023 Season

That’s that elite level coaching again

I remember Torre doing just the opposite, especially in the playoffs. He said you didn’t use the same strategy as in the regular season, and I remember him blowing more than one game my yanking his starting pitcher early.

has a team ever made the tourney with 18 wins?

1 Like

Cherry is 2-0 with a 3 era in 20 innings at mcneese

Tracy is batting .407 for the aggies

Benjamin is batting .341 for HCU

2 Likes

There are even more examples Lurk, see Rey Mendoza batting 4th at UIW.

1 Like

Just 1-0 Okie and it could be a blowout. Hopefully this is their day.
Lott loads em & gets out of it in 3d. Loads em again in 4th.
Nice job by Ekness. A bright spot in the rancid UH bullpen.

1 Like

I’m here at the UIW game today……Just watched Mendoza hit about a 420 ft bomb into the wind.

Couldn’t play for UH…

5 Likes

I just looked at Box score….how did Lott only give up one run with the hits, walks and 3HBP?

1 Like

Just one of those days. Baseball took some lucky angles.
Ekness robbed on a few strikes but Lott got a few cheap ones.

Okie must have 10+ guys left on base.
Okie not getting the higher strikes today.
Luck is holding 2-1 UH.

Update:
Ekness gets wild and loads em again. They leave him in.

UH C w a bad pick off attempt at 1st. AT is 5 for 29 on stolen bases attempts before today.
Way 2 much arc on his throws to 2nd. (1-5 today)
3-2 Okie.

In comes O’Donnell w a 12 ERA & cant get his feet right on the mound. (its bad)
4-2 Okie. They have 12 guys left on base through 6.

Last update:
Parade of stiffs pitching and its 7-2.

Lucky 2 not get run ruled today.
16 left on base through 8.

AM on tuesday.

1 Like

So 11 walks and hit 4 more….nice

I never dreamed this program could sink to this level….

4 Likes

Okie 7 to 6 after a 4 run UH 8th.
Get out the rally cap.

2 Likes

Well we have a three game coming up against Minnesota who is 2-14….absolutely horrible.

Some thought that would be a really good opponent….we have a game against Southern coming up soon….UIW just swept them….run rule today….I can tell you any decent D-3 school can beat Southern……they are that bad.

After A$M it will be time to fatten up….lol

1 Like

I can not get over how bad that is. 11 walks on a Sunday. Beaning a batter every other inning basically.

2 Likes

Honestly, when my kid was playing like 10U I never saw a game with 14 free passes….

We are to a point now where if it were possible ( which it’s not) to fire the entire staff.

Recruiting is horrible.
Player development is non-existent.
What were they doing all fall !?

5-10 against this schedule? And how many games have we given up double digits? Not even competitive in most games….

Like I said, all-time low since I have been following for 30 years.

2 Likes

Have been following UH baseball since ‘66 and this is the worst team I have seen,
Ridge Point High School has a better pitching staff than we do.

5 Likes

Seriously. I just went back and looked at my 13u team the weekend before. 5 games 9 walks - and 5 of those walks were kids that just joined that pitched Saturday (1st tourney).

Zero, I mean zero excuse for that many free bases on a single day. And a Sunday at that.

As I tell the little ones, I don’t care if you throw 60 or 80, you throw strikes you pitch. You don’t give your team a chance to play defense when you walk someone.

Lucky we didn’t get run ruled with all those free bases.

2 Likes

Yep,

No defense for a walk….or an HBP.

1 Like

bunn was going to solve this

1 Like

who was it that said, “there comes a point where you feel guilty cashing a paycheck”?

this is literally that place. bunn should excuse himself and I don’t mean to the porta potty

2 Likes

Don’t pitchers often trade off speed for accuracy? Do we have a fair amount of strikeouts? Obviously not enough but wonder if we have more Ks than an average team.