UH Baseball 2023 Season

I forgot Friday night means baseball.

Coogs tied at 2 in bottom of the 9th

And we walk a guy, hit the next batter to put two on base…

Oh. We throw a runner out at home. Extras.

1 Like

I guess baseball team won 7-5.

Which team, for real, because espn doesnt post baseball scores.

Can someone please start posting final scores

Espn does post college baseball scores….maybe they don’t post the scores of games between powerhouses like UH vs UTRGV but they do post college baseball scores everyday.

You can also go to UH baseball schedule and scroll down….if it’s during game click “live stats” if after game within maybe 15 minutes the final score is posted.

1 Like

You might try checking the RGV thread. :laughing:

And if you had ESPN+ to watch basketball, you can also use it to watch baseball. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not sure which thread y’all were talking about the Minute Maid Classic but I saw some videos from the Aggie Vs Tech game last night/ this morning and got me thinking. I remember going to the tournament one year the Coogs were in it. I believe LSU was in it the same year, we were what 5 miles from campus and no joke the LSU faithful out numbered us 10-1, they filled the lower level from foul pole to foul pole pretty much. It’d be nice to get back to winning and going to the big tournament and eventually start competing in the Minute Maid Classic again.

2 Likes

I watched the last 8 innings of the Tech-A&M game and it made it even more obvious how far we are from competing at that level. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Depending on the year it have been 10-1….when UH was a top program it wasn’t that much….
I remember being there one year with my son and this smallish kid from LSU playing SS caught my eye……Inhad my son focus on him every time LSU was in the field….Range was so so but his footwork and glove were amazing….I told him that is a major league player….

The player was Alex Bregman

3 Likes

It was even worse when we would play A&M

Maybe A$M will play their JV.

1 Like

I don’t worry about attendance much. I don’t think having a massive turnout would have affected five games last year. Too many base-running errors and a pitching staff that just wasn’t tourney-level as a staff. There were good pitchers in that group and there were numerous examples of great innings but you got the feeling the coaches weren’t sure they knew what they were going to do. I saw kids with two good innings left pulled for inexplicable reasons. I also saw a closer called out in the middle of a game. Kids left in to take a shelling when fresh arms were hanging off the fence. Hitting? Meh

1 Like

We have a grad senior hitting .103 ( 3 hits 29 AB’s)

And a redshirt senior hitting.059 ( 2 hits 34 AB’s)

The team as a whole is hitting .236 while drawing only 40 BB and striking out 106 times.

And this is against subpar competition overall.

The pitching has a team ERA of 6.70 while giving up a .303 batting average against….that’s 113 hits in 95 IP, they have also walked 58 batters and hit 19 more….

Never seen a starting middle infielder in D-1 have an .894 fielding percentage either….

This does not even factor in the poor base running and in game management.

Even if you are just a casual fan you should look at these numbers and realize this is an all-time low for UH baseball.

I’ve never been a fan of mid season firings….but it’s time for CTW to go, it’s embarrassing.
I know the assistants have a ton of responsibility in the performance as well….they are a big part of recruiting and player development……both of those areas have fallen off a cliff….but maybe there are some kids sitting on the bench that the assistants would give a chance to play….the upper classman for the most part are severely underperforming.

4 Likes

In other words…you’re saying…WE SUCK!!!

:laughing:

I went to Minute Maid when we actually had good teams and our crowds were very competitive against Agy and Whorn.
Agy will own our field this year

2 Likes

Why? He brought in a lot of guys last year and more this year and still lost 23-0

Maybe he’s not the guy folks want him to be

Our problem is we get folks who come from resource rich programs where they can snap a finger and get things - only way to ensure their success consistently is you gotta feed them like men’s basketball and football and that means throwing tons of money at them

We like to turn our nose down at leagues under us where coaches would deem UH a destination and would work wonders

It’s like that all across athletics - some think cause they’re a longhorn or Aggie they know more but someone who has had to really grind would feel like they have sec resources at a UH and won’t complain but we don’t hire like that

We hire friends who can’t get their dream jobs or overpay for P5 assistants and get mad when they can’t perform but they need fuel to win

Talk to me like I’m five….I’m not understanding what you are trying to say in response to my post…

What am I missing?

1 Like

You’re giving us too much credit.

3 Likes

Are trying to say that UH Baseball has few resources and poor Ole Whit ?

At a disadvantage vs Texas, Texas AM (how many programs are not ?) but it hardly makes UH a poor wretch of a program .
Year round baseball weather evens out the B10/ND advantage of better facilities/salaries.

2 Likes