UH Football Recruiting

Average rating
Houston 83.8
BYU 83.7

3 Likes

BYU signed 16 players. We signed 9.

and last time I checked, BYU isn’t in our conference.

1 Like

Everybody has the same number of scholarships so average rating is what really matters. BYU is in the top 25 most years and the recruits we signed are rated higher than theirs. Everybody needs to calm down about the useless recruiting rankings.

5 Likes

If everyone signed the exact same amount of players and number of players per position, that would be a good argument, but that isn’t what happens, especially with transfers eating up spots.

Filling gaps in your roster matters as much as talent. If you have 22-25 scholarships to give in a year and you only sign 20 players, those players might be talented, but you are going to end up with depth issues or end up filling those gaps with less talented players/walk-ons.

1 Like

And we will end up signing more players on national signing day in February, as will Auburn.
Auburn only signed 11.

3 Likes

Auburn just fired their coach.

2 Likes

Dumb

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s terrible for Auburn. They are coachless and still signed more players than we did.

We will sign more players in February for sure, but the best players are typically signing at the early signing period. The ones that signed in Feb since the early signing date came into effect have seemed to have been mostly players trying to get grades in order, which is fine, but you are hoping against hope that you can flip some kids.

You are still comparing us to teams in other conferences though. Our first goal is to be competitive in conference and that begins by winning the recruiting battle. Compared to Cincy, Memphis, UCF, and SMU
 right now, we are losing that battle.

So according to 247 were virtually tied with smu ucf at 72
with both at 70 and 75. So are we really losing the recruiting battle? Smh

2 Likes

SMU is 50th and UCF is 61st. We are ranked 92nd. We are closer to Temple at 93rd.

4 Likes

Oh
 you’re looking at the wrong year. That was 2020 class. That’s last year. Look at 2021. The year is the graduating class, not the year they sign. So Seniors in HS this year are the class of 2021.

For comparison’s sake, we signed 15 in December last year, four of them JUCOs. Then, we signed 4 in Feb, two of them JUCOs.

2 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Ahh I see well hopefully we sign a few more our average per recruit has been normally what its been in general.

1 Like

No there’s no awww here. I’m fine , you’re the one with issues. It’s your same come back everytime
awww
try to find different one n do better in your late yrs.

THIS is how you evaluate recruiting. Not website ratings.

1 Like

Ok, I guess you didn’t read that UH is far from finished with its recruiting class? Cincy, I believe, already has 24 commits
24! Of course, they are going to be higher simply because of numbers. They can no longer add to their class. As other schools continue to add, current higher rankings will fall. UH has only less than HALF of its class. Dana won’t be adding and finishing until February.

So, do you still not understand? I would wait until February to make your belly aching. At that time, if UH is still over 90th, ok, you can belly ache.

4 Likes

The belly aching pump must be primed in advance so that it flows freely come February.

3 Likes

Awwww!

Yeah, the key is what CDH does in February
If he signs 7 good 3 stars with P5 offers like he did in December, then recruiting has a good chance to be successful. I am hopeful he does this and adds some quality transfers too.

I don’t think you understand. The top players who have their academics squared away just signed. Leftovers come in February. Cincy has 24 LOIs because Fickell takes care of business.