Unpleasant hot takes

When you passed the basketball to Mills you had to say goodbye to it because you wouldn’t see it until the next possession.

The reason Mills didn’t fit CKS’ system wasn’t talent, it was between the ears.

$head had a double-double…

Also, he averaged 9.6 min/game his frosh season… Not exactly no PT…

1 Like

Sheads first yr was really bad. A pt guard who was a turnover machine, very indecisive, and shot 12% from 3. He only avg 10 minutes a game, so limited PT. But I cringed anytime he entered a game. I can’t imagine anyone thinking he was going to be great at that time.

Yep… It was his frosh season…

2 Likes

You can go look at my posts… Maybe you just don’t recognize potential well…

You could tell he was a LEGIT PG in the minutes he got… And that CKS loved him since he stepped on campus.

His minutes speak volumes… Show me another frosh PG with those kind of minutea on a CKS team…

Maybe Galen as we were rebuilding…

2 Likes

REWIND…!

@Coog51 was dropping knowledge back in April 2021, too…

@Rockyz you were saying…?

7 Likes

I mean you’re not wrong but it’s still kind of cheat answer. No one looked bad that game. Including several guys who transferred out lol

You got receipts

3 Likes

See above…

Comparing him to CP3 at the end of that season… OLLU just sticks out from that season.

I always liked him.

I think the next super star is Tuggler.

But the guy who will come out of nowhere and shock people is Ced.

Tugler’s almost there already… Insane Development…

:football: guys should stick to :football::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah he is. Crazy athleticism.

2 Likes

That was also Ryan Elvin’s best game. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

But WE ALL KNOW Elvin could do that any game… :eyes::grin:

1 Like

For sure. I guess my point was that the OLLU game wasn’t a real game. Against real comp that year Jamal was pretty rough. But credit to you for seeing the diamond in the rough. To me he’s improved the most of any player we’ve had under Sampson. Previously I might’ve said Armoni but we never got to see his senior year so Shead easily beats him out.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Did we lose Thomas and Queen to larger NIL deals? I think we did. No way they wanted to stay home and play for sucky teams. You would think both of these dudes would want to play for Houston and Sampson and get the exposure and play in the best basketball league.

1 Like

Yo now dig up what everyone was saying about Mills when he was still a player on this team :joy:

Butch I don’t know the context that CKS in saying it was an easier route to make the tournament….but just that statement in general without knowing how it was asked/answered I think I would disagree….

Heck, in the Big 12 you just have to finish 8th or 9th in conference to make the dance.

Thee AAC is rough….very possible they only get one team this year….two max.

You have to get all your good Net games in pre -conference……but Sampson and his crew worked the metrics like a fat man in House of Pies.

1 Like