Upside? Will this do it?

UH was completely decimated by injuries, the likes of which I’ve never seen. It’s even worse than the Texans last year, which was historically awful. Now the Texans are 10-4.

I think y’all need to come off the ledge and give this one more year. Briles was attrocious in this game and is allegedly going to FSU. You think the players don’t know this? There are people on here that want to make Briles HC? That’s freaking insane.

Step off the ledge. The administration will listen to Major’s plan on how he is going to right the ship. They will either support him or go in a different direction. My guess is they support him and give him another year, which I believe he’s earned by handling all the adversity this year with class.

6 Likes

There’s no place here for that kind of thinking. It’s pitchfork time.

4 Likes

70-14. The ledge is an appropriate place to be.

4 Likes

Injuries or not ZERO excuses for that pitiful performance. That was by far the worst coached UH team ive ever seen by a longshot.

7 Likes

Yes don’t mind losing but not like that, no effort, no discipline, we had a freaking month to prepare injuries or not

6 Likes

I knew we would lose maybe 35 to 28 but not this crap.

5 Likes

Come on guys…

You need to take a deep breath and go back and look at the video of CMA when he accepted the head coaching position 2 years ago !!!

He spent 5 minutes telling us that he is a WINNER, has always been a WINNER, and will continue…

Of course, people that have to tell you they are a WINNER, usually are NOT a WINNER !!

5 Likes

Whatever happens, I don’t want a coach from the previous staff upgraded to HC. We’ve tried it three times, and CMA should be strike three.

2 Likes

Applewhite is 0- for nothing.

1 Like

I was done last year after we lost to Tulane.

4 Likes

What are the 3? Jenkins, Levine, Applewhite?

2 Likes

I agree to with the Herman statement…he did nothing to help the Coogs…he came in and won with Levine’s recruits and then absolutely ruined the team in his second year with his flirtations with Texas and LSU…
That said, I will be surprised if Applewhite is our coach next year. I hope we go outside and bring in an up and coming young coach…I think hiring Briles or our former DC would be a huge mistake.
That said, I am glad it is basketball season…

7 Likes

I was on this line of thinking but I’ve changed. Injuries yes but the team has zero fight and just comes out flat and uninspired time and time again. I don’t put a lot of stock in bowls but Army scored on every drive except for the one turnover.

The big thing for me, yes it’s small and petty, was when he punted from the 35 ish yard line when they were down 35- 7. Yes it 4th and 29 but what is your gain in punting? You pin them deep to flip the field? Who cares. You throw it to the zone and live with the results. The one thing you don’t do is kick it and play defense and field position.

In my mind that was Major in a nutshell. Just vanilla playing it safe.

3 Likes

Jenkins was a great offensive coordinator, but his overall record at UH as HC was 18-15

Levine 21-17 - Fired

Applewhite 15-11

At least Levine won a bowl game.

6 Likes

Herman absolutely built something while at UH - momentum! And it is completely gone now. Also take a look at the IPF.

I was on the fence with Applewhite but today pushed me over. He needs to go.

And I agree that it is insane to even consider Briles after his circus with FL State and Tennessee. Orlando is out too as far as I’m concerned. Please bring in fresh blood. Let’s just completely clean house… it’s a shame given how much potential 2019 had, but it looks like 2019 will be a complete bust with Applewhite at the helm.

5 Likes
1 Like

Should be mandatory reading for the Applewhite apologist

2 Likes

How about “It Can’t Get Any Worse! Go COOGS!” 1-800-TICKETS

2 Likes

" HOUSTON HAS FALLEN OVER"