We’re #2. Bama jumped us

Im glad we’re 2. I don’t want to give Memphis the added motivation. As long as we crush them idc if we’re 2

6 Likes

I just don’t care about rankings if you think youre truly #1 & pass the eye test!!!

1 Like

Seth Davis has our back

6 Likes

why should it be a worse loss than Temple? We lost at home and it was Q3 loss to a team that is ranked in the 100s in Kenpom and NET. OU though they beat Bama by 20, it was a Q2 loss on the road and OUs ranking is in the 70s in Kenpom and NET.

I thought we would squeak out a #1 ranking but Im not surprised Bama jumped us.

The problem is that given the Big XII rankings, all of OU’s games are Q1. Even if you’re losing, they’re Q1 losses and don’t hurt you much. They’re last in the Big XII and just this morning, dropped to Q2 status. Which by the way, made our win at Cincinnati a Q1 win.

1 Like

I’ve lost all faith in society after this poll shocker :joy:
I’ve been rooting for Bama every game since that win. Now i’m squarely on other side. Let’s go Vols

This wont be an issue last year but its insanely frustrating how half the AAC sleepwalks thru noncon but when its time to play the Coogs they go all out lately.

We all know the deal with Tulane and Temple but Cinci isn’t really being talked about enough as another landmine. Sure they are in Q1 now and have no bad losses for AAC standards but they lost to NKU and lost by 28 to a Buckeye team who will finish last in the B10 this year

It’s hard to say we are better than a team that beat us on our home court. We will have a chance to make that challenge in the Final Four, until then unless Bama does a nosedive I think we need to just keep getting better and take care of what we can control.

6 Likes

Both times they had the refs help them.

The SEC is very overrated, like BIG overrated. Outside of Bama, no one in that conference scares me. Also, just like the BIG, only two teams in the top 25.

Tennessee is the Purdue of the SEC.

Kentucky has become the Michigan of the SEC.

Auburn is the MSU of the SEC

FL is the Iowa of the SEC

The rest are a joke. I mean, usually Arkansas is strong, but not this season.

1 Like

Tennessee at home is gonna handle Bama pretty good. Can’t see The Vols losing 3 in a row especially off two heartbreaking losses.

1 Like

Love how Dave Borges has ranked us 2 below our ranking for 85 weeks, but thats not a negative bias

2 Likes

Well hell, let’s just win the national championship and settle this debate.

2 Likes

I guess the judges thought we had a bad practice this week.

6 Likes

Just remember, in the “Game of the Century,” the #2 team in the country beat the #1 team in the country. But in the NCAA tournament, the former #1 team won the NCAA title.

Alcindor wasn’t 100% for the Astrodome game.

2 Likes

I can’t believe this guy has us #1 in his poll.
https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1625156186495483906?s=20&t=PUw8lAh6lNjGVAf3pSu7dQ

4 Likes

Seth Davis also has us at #1 believe it or not lol

2 Likes

After Tennessee, the only other decent team on the road for Bama is the aggies on March 4th.
So highest chance for a loss is either this Wednesday or March 4th.

And Sasser wasn’t 100% either.