What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

Frenchy’s is a great idea. If they ran out of food, it’s only across the street to get more. Hopefully, with HPD stopping traffic.

I’m sure Shipley’s said the same thing.

1 Like

Too often they were out of donuts.

That seemed more about advertising than selling donuts.

“But you can see the Shipleys”my buddy told the workers…”it’s just right across the street. Can someone just run over and get some?”.

I’d probably die afterwards, but imagine two Frenchy’s chicken strips between two Shipley’s glazed donuts for 11:00 am starts.

4 Likes

Oh, now you’re talking.

I’m not gonna go get a bucket of fried chicken or a bag of hours-old donut holes, but a donut-chicken partnership would be a winner.

1 Like

Bring back the WAFFLE BUS!!!

1 Like

Or how about bacon donuts from the Donut store in Pearland. Can’t remember the name. I wonder if they are still in business.

Penas!

1 Like

To me, by far the biggest improvement needs to be made on the tailgating and tailgating areas. Tailgating should be all around and closer to the stadium. At Robertson as I walked to the game I would have to walk through the tailgating area which was always fun.

2 Likes

Be ranked in the top 20 every year in every sport and problem solved.

2 Likes

Donuts and bacon. Two very important food groups!

1 Like

Honestly I don’t care about the food, I don’t care about the bathroom temp.

I think we are lacking in the actual game presentation. Maybe we need some videos that are not ads or extremely basic fan competitions. Last year I keep a tally on average of when we made the “It’s third down” announcement it was with 23 seconds left in the play clock, at that point the other team is already broke the huddle and I had been standing and screaming for 17 seconds with the people around me wondering why. I visited several road games last year and Memphis for one is making that call as the second down tackle is being made and they use videos with players or former pro players to do it. We take a minimalist approach to the announcing which creates a pretty boring atmosphere.

I know some of you old guys are going to completely disagree with me but our target audience to grow our fan base is not people who have been going to cougar games for 40 years it is people that may have never attended a college game before.

3 Likes

You’re exactly right about the 3rd down thing. I think the announcer is fine, but the timing is often “off.”

I actually thought last year was a bit better overall. Hopefully, we can find a better balance between advertising, loud canned music, announcing and our band.

I’m a young guy who is chronologically old and I agree about the game presentation needing a severe upgrade.

This is genuinely embarrassing to say and should reflect poorly on our leadership in charge of making the decisions, but the in-stadium UH gameday experience is at a point where just focusing on the fundamentals and getting back to basics would be a sizeable improvement. I’d be satisfied with the food if they could just competently give me, like, boiled hotdogs or stadium nachos and a soda without making me stand in line for 20 minutes and then play a guessing game with the vendor about what they actually have. Likewise, adequately staff the stadium gates so that we can get in before kickoff. If we can’t do that stuff right, nothing else matters.

3 Likes

I’d be good with just better quality stadium food: burgers, hotdogs, tacos & pico de gallo, pizza, grilled chicken sandwiches, corn dogs, bbq brisket sandwiches, hot crispy fries, nachos with good cheese sauce, jalapeño poppers…
Drink: craft beer, margaritas, ice cups for the flask bringers, decent wine, sparkling mineral water…
I know…it’s too much to ask for :confused:

1 Like

I thought All Season eats was pretty good or the occasional chick fil a sandwich. Other than that I really don’t come to a game for gourmet fast food .

Win games, win games and win games.

3 Likes