World cup Upset #2

Love seeing Mexico go out in such heart-breaking fashion. Seeing Saudi score at the end almost caused me to tip diet coke over on my keyboard at work.

1 Like

I agree only because their fans are always so brutal.

1 Like

They are, without a doubt, my most hated team

Japan beat Spain. Wow. Both still advance and Germany is out.

1 Like

Belgium is out too and Morocco won their group.

1 Like

Maybe Morroco has the mojo. You can’t really say Cinderella with a #22 world ranking. Belgium is tough as Hell, though.

2 Likes

Korea just beat Portugal. Both advance

:exploding_head: Korea won!!! I have been in meetings all day
wow

1 Like

Korea game was good

Cameroon Brazil game was wood chopping game.

Uruguay being eliminated made my day.

Serbia Switzerland was probably good even thought maybe a lot of people didn’t care.

1 Like

Welp

It was a good run

1 Like

I’m glad we don’t have to qualify for 2026. Tired of watching games against El Salvador and Guatemala. Hopefully we use the extra game opportunities with some strong friendlies. With groups changing to 3 teams a piece, FIFA ranking will be even more important. Losing 2-0 in Spain or Germany is better for the program than a 0-0 draw on a mud pit of a field in Central America.

2 Likes

3 team groups may give us some horrible games and approaches to moving on.

Need some big body strikers that can finish in the box. That Wright guy they brought in at the very end intrigues me as he’s only 24

1 Like

We lost damn near every contested header. We need taller defenders.

The US needs a finisher. We had plenty of chances to score but we lack the guy that can finish.

2 Likes

This is what I have been saying.

1 Like

wait, are we in the “AAC” of soccer

Morocco beat Spain today. This is a nice upset. The Moroccan goalkeeper stopped 3 penalty kicks in a row.

2 Likes

Great loss for Spain.

My teams at this point:

1. Croatia
  2. Morroco
  3. France
1 Like