You tired of Whitting yet?

And UH Baseball irrelevance continues…

1 Like

Hopefully not for long.

2 Likes

I just want to wake up soon and be getting updates from the new staff. I don’t even plan to read about the decision itself.

1 Like

We should all thank CTW for his contributions to the program. But, as Boys II Men would sing, it’s the “End of the Road.”

2 Likes

We’re #87.

https://masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

That is before the latest loss.

It will drop into 90’s just like RPI dropped to 102.

1 Like

Please tell me we aren’t rationalizing the end result.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarPR/status/1662541432043847680?t=pQYFip6ljByW5y-TvHs4Ig&s=19

Mouth punch?

That is the dumbest stat I have ever seen in baseball! Just means we haven’t been competitive enough, especially considering how weak this conference is.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the B12 angle in ignoring results. Its the biggest pig-n-a-poke I’ve seen as a Coog. Its the angle that literally says, “I will do my job better when we get into the B12. Nothing to worry about.”

IMO, your weaknesses are only going to be magnified in the B12. If you aren’t good as the best funded program in the AAC you aren’t going to be good as one of the least funded in the B12.

4 Likes

Our last two baseball coaches (Rayner and Todd) were alums. We’ve had a lot more success in baseball with that vs basketball at least.

1 Like

Hire the best coach and program builder you can find if he’s a coog great if not thats great too.

8 Likes

Agree with that. We’ve had great coog candidates in the past.

I think Sean Allen should be considered but I want the best guy.

5 Likes

Need a professional coarch

Not a professional cougar

5 Likes

Exactly. I mean for crissakes, the team with the best overall record in the final AAC standings just lost to the team with the worst overall record to lose the conference tourney!! THAT’s how bad this conference is.

Changing to a better conference isn’t just all of a sudden fix that; it’s going to magnify it. UCF, at least, has recognized that and has fired their coach. Pezman CAN’T DELAY!

1 Like

We are going to get EMBARRASSED in the Big 12 next year…

8 Likes

Our saving grace might be that this year we’re the best of the 4 incoming teams RPI-wise. We’re also ahead of Kansas & Baylor.
I’m guessing the conference tournament will expand from 8 to 12 teams and we’re very likely to get in. Then we’ll get embarrassed.

1 Like

Our saving grace would have been to hire a new head coach, but looks like Pez enjoys the empty stands on gameday and the lack of interest that has developed since 2018.

7 Likes

Definitely. Two years ago would have been nice. As far as the empty stands go, I’ll not be there to do my part.

4 Likes