You tired of Whitting yet?

I just wanted to say Yes again.

2 Likes

Dallas Baptist beat Okie Lite 18-1 today. Maybe we can trade programs with DBU?

3 Likes

Just coaches….obviously I’m being snarky.

But if you swapped head coaches with DBU…in two years UH would be in a regional and DBU would be playing the 200th ranked schedule and missing the NCAA’s

8 Likes

Cougar Baseball today is getting like Cougar Basketball in the 90’s. Nobody cares about it, and if you need proof, I’m pretty sure attendance numbers since our last Regional appearance will prove it.

3 Likes

Trip Couch.

2 Likes

Great recruiter.

Not sure if he is a head coach.

The question was posed as to what led to the success of RN and early on with TW.

1 Like

Didn’t see that….yeah, he could recruit like a beast.

If you look back to both Noble and Whittings success it includes great assistants. Allen, Couch, Stockton, Anderson. Kivett send to be doing a good job. If we are not going to remove Whitting then pay the money for a really good pitching coach and recruiter and tell Whitting to just stay out of the way.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been saying. Pay a legit pitching coach. But one won’t come if there’s uncertainty about the head coach’s standing.

1 Like

Exactly, which is why you just get rid of him.

Any time a coach is told “replace an assistant or you’re gone” you are basically a dead man walking.

Not too many instances where after an assistant change the team is all of the sudden great….and any pitching coach contacted knows the situation.

So like discussed, nobody really good is going to want the job….unless you are throwing a boatload of $$$ at them…but then if you are going to overpay for a good assistant then you should have fired the head coach to begin with.

Another cluster by Pez.

UH alumni or not, he is either in over his head or stupid…one of the two.

I can’t imagine Dr. Khator is okay with having so many programs below par and no signs of change.

8 Likes

If an AD tells a coach he has to fire someone to keep his job its time for the AD to go.

5 Likes

I think you give Dr. Khator too much credit. A university president of her caliber must be intimately aware of everything going on at UH and her lack of involvement is all you need to know.

All I can think of is Pez’s performance was measured on getting UH to the B12….baseball…football attendance…women’s basketball…none of that impacts his job performance metrics…obviously.

2 Likes

Something tells me Uncle Tillman is not involved with this. If he was, I don’t think CTW would be coming back.

Just checking in to see who’s tired?

1 Like

“Just makin’ sure you still tired…”

UH has a baseball program?

5 Likes

Trust me all presidents aren’t involved in all sports / they’ll make cameo appearances at baseball if something big is happening but they’re not in the loop like it seems :joy:

1 Like