2021 Schedule

For that particular game my guess is dreadful

it’ll be the last game of the year (they’ve all moved onto basketball) for a probable 2-3 win team out in the middle of no where off campus stadium in 30-40 degrees cold . At least with temple you get a nice nfl stadium and fun city.

2 Likes

Agree. That is as gloomy a schedule as I can remember.

Now that’s a heck of a roadie

https://twitter.com/danbrechlin/status/1362885451242082304

2 Likes

Lmao thanks UConn.

What’s our roads cost though…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/speed_in_space/status/1362440452402798597?s=20

If $150k gets the entire team to fly to Connecticut, how much to get just the QBs to go to my daughters birthday party?

2 Likes

At least that covers the costy of the team to travel. I have no issue of them paying for their beat down and a W for us. Relax! Regardless of what some negatives say about this schedule, if we end up the seaon ranked, I am good!

What a joke. Nice job Pez. Pathetic

3 Likes

2 years of crap football and this is the turd sandwich schedule they serve up at TDECU. Maybe they are hoping COVID is still going strong and they only have to sell 25% of the tickets.

5 Likes

Wait, so we give up an opportunity to beat Vandy and a great road trip to Nashville to go play a one off in East Hartford in late November?

And we’ve moved the Tech game?

1 Like

I don’t get the idea that the Vandy deal was our call.

3 Likes

Maybe UH should become a private school like most of the teams they are playing…sigh

That schedule is like the CEO of Target telling his people they won’t be measured against Walmart this year…but Dollar General.

1 Like

Oh you guys who choose not to understand. Vandy pulled out of our game – Pez did not change it, they did. Boise State pulled out of our game and moved it to a later date, a home and home in 2024 & 2025. We had holes to fill with little time to fill them.

I don’t know why people refuse to understand this simple dynamic. We needed games to fill our schedule due to late development out of Pez’s control. He did the best he could under the circumstances. He also has a budget to try to hold the deficit as low as he can; hence the travel to UConn and the TT game at NRG.

The problem with our athletic department and the reason we are G5 is that we have so many “fans” and alumni who expect Dom Perignon champagne for the price of Shiner beer – and will then complain if the beer isn’t at reduced prices. They then use that as an excuse to stay home – and then they will complain about the low attendance.

15 Likes

We have champagne facilities and coaching salaries, with week old warm beer results. We have an admin who seems all but checked out or just completely incapable of promoting the program.

But it’s the UH way to blame the customers, it’s been a winning strategy for taking us from the SWC to outcasts.

6 Likes

I asked a simple question. No need to get aggressive especially when you have no idea of what I do or do not do to support the program.

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. Everyone has facilities, some worse, some as good, and some better. Good programs have good fans – win or lose.

5 Likes

Red, you’re correct.

As for athletic facilities, UH’s are just above average for a non P5 program. Our facilities are certainly nowhere near champagne but rather more like Budweiser. And so while UH is paying our waitstaff (coaches) to serve up Budweiser, it seems that our electricity (fanbase) at the stadium is on a rolling blackout so they’re having to serve it up “lukewarm.”

Hopefully, we can get our “power” restored & stabilized sooner rather than later.

7 Likes

Fortunately not all UH fans are whiners. There are quite a few that can take a piece of information like our schedule and pick it apart, assign blame and whine that we have this or that problem with the people involved with the football program.
Looking in the mirror is not something they like to do so of course when you point out their negativity they get defensive.

3 Likes